PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A suggestion for Builders (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71416)

sudermatt 06-11-2009 07:30 PM

A suggestion for Builders

threads get pretty lengthy...with multiple builds in the same thread.

I think it would be helpful if those wonderful folks building roms and kitchens....would put a link to the breakpoint when a new version comes out.

For example.

v1 starts here
v2 starts on page 15
v25 starts on page 98

This way we could go right to the point in the thread when the new build comes out.

indagroove 06-11-2009 07:32 PM

Re: A suggestion for Builders

I've got too much to think about in porting new sys builds, and making roms for multiple devices to think about anything like that.

It's enough to have to upload and update the post with new screenshots and stuff everytime as it is.

Just go to the last page of a thread and read backwords.

Can we close/move this now?: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

hibby50 06-11-2009 07:35 PM

+1 look at the post titles for example, groove and my comments have the title Re: A suggestion for Builders if you were to change the title and then posted, it would be RE: changed title

j10376 06-11-2009 08:36 PM

That would be nice however you have to remember how much work and time these guys have in making roms and keeping the thread updated with screen shots and change lists. And also there doing this for free. I think time would be used much better on updating things then doing this. What I would like to see is some of the elite builder get together and work in colaboration on a rom.

indagroove 06-11-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j10376 (Post 969721)
That would be nice however you have to remember how much work and time these guys have in making roms and keeping the thread updated with screen shots and change lists. And also there doing this for free. I think time would be used much better on updating things then doing this. What I would like to see is some of the elite builder get together and work in colaboration on a rom.

We collaborate all the time. Usually behind the scenes.

YouMayLose 06-11-2009 09:21 PM

if your to lazy to read the full thread then dont flash the rom lol simple solution....

dodge_longhorn 06-11-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 969730)
We collaborate all the time. Usually behind the scenes.

very true we do talk to each other maybe not all but we all give out advice to each other but we all have lives and work, go to school, ect then do this on some spare time that we have for free...also search is your best friend

cmajewsk 06-11-2009 10:35 PM

Hey, I appreciate all you guys do - I know I don't have the time to even think about building, much less supporting a ROM the way you guys do here. But the OP was just offering up an idea - and a good one at that. indagroove's suggestion to start at the last page and go backwards is ridiculous. Especially if the ROM has been out for a week or more - that could be 100+pages. Mighty and Psyki already do this. They each put a link on the first page where the break point is....funny, I typically use their ROM's too...just a thought.

dodge_longhorn 06-11-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmajewsk (Post 969948)
Hey, I appreciate all you guys do - I know I don't have the time to even think about building, much less supporting a ROM the way you guys do here. But the OP was just offering up an idea - and a good one at that. indagroove's suggestion to start at the last page and go backwards is ridiculous. Especially if the ROM has been out for a week or more - that could be 100+pages. Mighty and Psyki already do this. They each put a link on the first page where the break point is....funny, I typically use their ROM's too...just a thought.

hmm haha i didnt think about a link but that be a very good idea that wound not be so hard to do just a quick reference to the first page when the rom was released.

sudermatt 06-15-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmajewsk (Post 969948)

With all the ROMs out there (which are very similar) "competing" for business...it's gonna come down to a customer service question...

It's all moot to me really...I've found my favorite ROM and can't see myself changing.

This is a community...and I put the idea forth because I thought it would help the community.....that's all.