PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which ROM do you perfer?
Mighty ROM replies 13,273 views 1,123,990 119 45.77%
Juicy ROM 4,010 435,435 38 14.62%
Merdin ROM 3,779 174,288 10 3.85%
Copper ROM 1,838 86,115 7 2.69%
Calkulin ROM 1,790 80,681 8 3.08%
Star ROM 1,170 79,765 4 1.54%
Bored ROM 1,082 46,755 3 1.15%
Psyki ROM 968 29,601 17 6.54%
eRice ROM/Kitchen 803 70,532 1 0.38%
Other/Stock 53 20.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Most popular ROMs, which one do you perfer?

oh no, im not commnting at u. im saying in general about the thread.

i also agree that other rom deserve to bein here.

many r missing and some that r included souldnt have been
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
put it this way.

if a chef can putup their rom pubically and face the music from the users with bugs,etc, they sure as hell better be able to handle user response on what rom is used.

people who have huge egos can shove it. if i seethat only 5 ppl r using my rom it gives me that much more incentive to improve and support my rom.

ur telling me their egod will be shattered witha poll result.

i say GOOD.

only the strong survive.

quality over quantity.

my 100 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
on another note.

i have worked hard for monthssince jauary to get my rom where it is.

i definitely relish to see how many ppl use my rom.

u cant expect mewcomers to hit the top of the world immediately.

this isnt a friggen daycare.
Exactly. A consistently stable and well known ROM is guaranteed to be used more than a brand new relatively unknown ROM, no matter how good it may or may not be. When a new person comes here looking for information about flashing their first ROM, they are going to be a bit worried. They will want the best. So when they start looking around, what will they see? Mighty Mighty Juicy Juicy Mighty Juicy. I just like saying the words "Mighty Juicy" repeatedly. Makes me think of an ex. But that's a different story. Anyway, hard work and consistent results will make someone's ROM stand out more than an upstart new ROM. Facts of life. Mighty Juicy.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizion
Threadstarter

Buehlar is keeping up the good workBuehlar is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Buehlar Send a message via Yahoo to Buehlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Not to be an arse or stir anything up, but you can say that very easily as your Rom is in the #1 Position and winning.

This Thread will cause the up and coming Chefs to lose the Newbs that are just starting to flash, and will discourage them from continuing to cook.

i think the OP had good intentions but with the Roms being as diffrent as they are there shouldnt be a "poll" for the best one.

Thats my 2 cents. flame if you want but you all know im right.!!
Apparently, some people are seeing this as a scoreboard for some big ROM cooking competition.
(come to think of it...the whole first page of this Forum looks and reads like a competition.)
Call it what you want, all of you guys are great in my book.
I've lurked around here forever reading this and trying that....learned tons from you guys. Thank you sincerely.

Yes, some will always want to be the best and strive to do so instead of just being the best they can be.

It's just me, being the best I can.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

Ahhh I didnt cut the mustard... lol
Im a bench warmer lol..
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Re: Most popular ROMs, which one do you *prefer*?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodeviant View Post
A poll on which ROM people prefer shouldn't cause issues, but will. Pride will be hurt. Arguments will be started. Cats will mount dogs in the dead of the night under a green moon made of cheese. In short, chaos will ensue.

Quick answer, the best ROM is the one that has the features and abilities that appeal to you. Canned answer, I know, but really... noobs will most likely flash several different ROMs before choosing one they like... no matter what a poll says. I used a lot of periods in that paragraph, and for that I sincerely... apologize.

Personally, I'm using the MightyJuicyROM v9.8 with the always orangish Copper theme, enhanced with the Bored Merdin package v0.69a and the Calkulin's Star in the Sky superduper top of the ROMchain extra cool eRice touch flo 3d with gravity control. Oh, and I'm downloading the Psyki xray vision package addon right now. I'll report on it's amazing ability to see the bones of people I love as soon as I install it.
ROFL I love the psyki x-ray package! I'm working on the psyki radioactive mod right now, meltdown in your pocket!

Like my work? Hit
Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Mighty - my comment wasnt a shot at you, i was just trying to point out the fact that threads like this do make it a bit unfare. i was trying to be honest and voive my opinion on the subject. my bad if you thought i was trying to dicount any of your work as i know is Great and we can definatly tell how much of yourself you put into them. you still Rock Bro.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence12782 View Post
Im a bench warmer lol..
lol i been fighting for you :-p but apperantly your 30 thousand thread views in a week doesnt out do the 60 thousand thread views in 2 months other roms have :-p hehe just kidding OP I understand how you made the thread and im drunk having fun please please please dont take any thing i say wrong.. now Silence get back to work as I'm expecting some thing at 11 or 11:30 to flash to hehe
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Im a bench warmer lol..
Mighty Juicy Silence. Now I'm REALLY reminded of an ex.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Re: Most popular ROMs, which one do you *prefer*?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodeviant View Post
A poll on which ROM people prefer shouldn't cause issues, but will. Pride will be hurt. Arguments will be started. Cats will mount dogs in the dead of the night under a green moon made of cheese. In short, chaos will ensue.

Quick answer, the best ROM is the one that has the features and abilities that appeal to you. Canned answer, I know, but really... noobs will most likely flash several different ROMs before choosing one they like... no matter what a poll says. I used a lot of periods in that paragraph, and for that I sincerely... apologize.

Personally, I'm using the MightyJuicyROM v9.8 with the always orangish Copper theme, enhanced with the Bored Merdin package v0.69a and the Calkulin's Star in the Sky superduper top of the ROMchain extra cool eRice touch flo 3d with gravity control. Oh, and I'm downloading the Psyki xray vision package addon right now. I'll report on it's amazing ability to see the bones of people I love as soon as I install it.
Also the problem with threads like this is that a total noob will probably NOT flash multiple roms and decide what they like best. They will see a thread like this and go with whatever is the most "popular" or whatever and then possibly be disappointed. It's the flashaholics that truly test out all the roms and can make informed choices. By their very definition a noob might not even know what he's looking for, let alone what the differences are between a rom. A noob won't give a lick if rom A takes 10 seconds longer than rom B to boot on the third soft-reset. They just care that everything works as it should when new and after using it for a month.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizion
Threadstarter

Buehlar is keeping up the good workBuehlar is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Buehlar Send a message via Yahoo to Buehlar

Quote:
Im a bench warmer lol..
Oh, no bro! You're 1st string. LoL

Can a moderator give up my quota on the max poll selections? I really wish I could have included all of them.
Maybe that will "silence" everyone's pain. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro