PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which lock program do you use?
S2U2 21 32.31%
WM 6.5 lock 37 56.92%
Other 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: WM 6.5 lock program vs s2u2....

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
Whether I'm running 6.1 or 6.5 PocketShield is my locking app of choice
Smart man.

S2U2 is a battery Hog. One shouldn't rely on a locking program to display your calendars and all that. You have the today screen for that. Battery life is more important for ME.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:26 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

winmo 6.5 lock is my choice, uses less recources, better looking slide to answer than s2u2, center slider for lefties or righties, also i like the passwork key imput and the shortcuts to messaging, calls etc.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jewnas is a n00b

I agree that the 6.5 lock is better and s2u2 kills battery life, but is there a way to have the wm6.5 lock auto lock when the screen shuts down?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Android Convert

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnas View Post
I agree that the 6.5 lock is better and s2u2 kills battery life, but is there a way to have the wm6.5 lock auto lock when the screen shuts down?
Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
Old 05-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Smart man.

S2U2 is a battery Hog. One shouldn't rely on a locking program to display your calendars and all that. You have the today screen for that. Battery life is more important for ME.
I apologize profusely for desiring more options.
In this case, one shouldn't rely on the touch pro to do much more than make calls
Old 05-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Android Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
I apologize profusely for desiring more options.
In this case, one shouldn't rely on the touch pro to do much more than make calls
Well I did try to qualify my statement at the end by putting the ME in CAPS. Battery life is horrendous on the TP, so I try to do everything I can to conserve the battery.

By having S2U2 poll more items and notifications, it is using more resources and drains the battery faster. That is all. S2U2 is very popular. Hell, I used to use it. Once I tried pocketshield, I never turned back. It has a light sensor so if the phone is out of your pocket it automatically unlocks. You can change that option if you want. However, once you get used to it, you realize you don't need your locking screen to display all of the things that your today screen should display for you b/c you will rarely see it with the auto unlock feature via light sensor. There are other methods of unlocking as well.

I sound like a rep, but I'm not. I'm just please with how much less battery it takes. I took me about a week of testing to see how much battery S2U2 was actually draining. It was quite significant. With that said, my battery life still leaves a lot to desire.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Well I did try to qualify my statement at the end by putting the ME in CAPS. Battery life is horrendous on the TP, so I try to do everything I can to conserve the battery.

By having S2U2 poll more items and notifications, it is using more resources and drains the battery faster. That is all. S2U2 is very popular. Hell, I used to use it. Once I tried pocketshield, I never turned back. It has a light sensor so if the phone is out of your pocket it automatically unlocks. You can change that option if you want. However, once you get used to it, you realize you don't need your locking screen to display all of the things that your today screen should display for you b/c you will rarely see it with the auto unlock feature via light sensor. There are other methods of unlocking as well.

I sound like a rep, but I'm not. I'm just please with how much less battery it takes. I took me about a week of testing to see how much battery S2U2 was actually draining. It was quite significant. With that said, my battery life still leaves a lot to desire.
I feel as if I'm going to go back to pocketshield, for now. I bought a license a while ago but it stopped working in one of the updates, so I just moved on. I've been using the stock 6.5 lock screen. Looks great, has great functionality but it causes too many lock-ups for me currently.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Ktk
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Ktk is a n00b

Tied it up.

I like the 6.5 lock very much, especially when compared to 6.1 lock (how bland!). I also decided the shortcut on the 6.5lock is enough for me, so S2U2 is a tad over my needs and takes away battery life on top of it. [Personal]
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

WinMo 6.5 for me...

Old 05-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

I used to use pocketshield for a while then left it for s2u2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro