View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 lock program vs s2u2....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Well I did try to qualify my statement at the end by putting the ME in CAPS. Battery life is horrendous on the TP, so I try to do everything I can to conserve the battery.

By having S2U2 poll more items and notifications, it is using more resources and drains the battery faster. That is all. S2U2 is very popular. Hell, I used to use it. Once I tried pocketshield, I never turned back. It has a light sensor so if the phone is out of your pocket it automatically unlocks. You can change that option if you want. However, once you get used to it, you realize you don't need your locking screen to display all of the things that your today screen should display for you b/c you will rarely see it with the auto unlock feature via light sensor. There are other methods of unlocking as well.

I sound like a rep, but I'm not. I'm just please with how much less battery it takes. I took me about a week of testing to see how much battery S2U2 was actually draining. It was quite significant. With that said, my battery life still leaves a lot to desire.
I feel as if I'm going to go back to pocketshield, for now. I bought a license a while ago but it stopped working in one of the updates, so I just moved on. I've been using the stock 6.5 lock screen. Looks great, has great functionality but it causes too many lock-ups for me currently.