PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

ipclark11 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint, relocking and returning

couldn't find a complete protocol for returning a damaged unit to sprint repair center. My chrome is very cracked and scratched and this was enough to replace my last unit a few months ago (had stock sprint rom so this wasn't an issue). My question is do I NEED to relock and restore old rom BEFORE they examine for replacement eligibility? I understand when i bring it back the second time when my new phone arrives to be exchanged it should be relocked/stock sprint rom, but (just to be brutally honest) they are not the brightest bunch at the repair center by my place and my phone usuallty takes AT LEAST a full week until it arrives. I guess i'm saying do they check the rom information out because it seems to me they usually just look at my phone physically for about 2 minutes then say well call you when your knew one arrives.... I just don't want to reclock/restore, bring it in, get home put MR5 back on it for a week, add my old programs/contacts, wait a week, relock/restore, pick up new phone, then have to flash MR5, etc...i hope i'm being clear enough. thanks in advance for any help
Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

playa_made is a n00b
Re: sprint, relocking and returning

yes, you should restore/relock. Its not worth the risk of not getting a replacement phone! You never know, they might have discovered the greatness of this website!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Threadstarter

ipclark11 is just getting started

thanks for advice but i know other people have had to do this before. no one can give me first hand knowledge?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipclark11 View Post
thanks for advice but i know other people have had to do this before. no one can give me first hand knowledge?
They may or may not check. To avoid being screwed, just flash the original rom and radio back on and relock it.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The only time I have had to take my phone in, it was because the chrome at the top was flaking badly. The Sprint rep never even looked at what I was running, even though I had already flashed stock and relocked. I asked him if he had ever heard of modded ROMs, and he wrote down the xda website address for me. I think it's better to be safe than sorry, but I kinda got the idea that they don't really care.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The rep at my store barely even looked at the phone. Confirmed the issue, set up my replacement, then we chatted about his Jawbone.

Was actually a really cool guy, I bet even if he had known it had been unlocked/flashed, he wouldn't have cared.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

nutymez is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nutymez Send a message via Skype™ to nutymez

Heh, guess guys were lucky.. my rep checked the Rom version and booted the bootloader, tricolor screen before he exchanged my phone.. even though it had the stock rom on it
Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM
N00b

reddragon022 is a n00b

I have to take mines back sometime next week, when they get my replacement. But the thing is with mines on the tricolor screen it locked and has the stock rom on it but it stays on the tricolor screen and does nothing. Do you guy's think they would say something about that? (upgrade ROM code error)
Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon022 View Post
I have to take mines back sometime next week, when they get my replacement. But the thing is with mines on the tricolor screen it locked and has the stock rom on it but it stays on the tricolor screen and does nothing. Do you guy's think they would say something about that? (upgrade ROM code error)
I sent you a private message
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
N00b

reddragon022 is a n00b

ok hopefully someone can help before I take the phone back next week

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro