PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
And the Rstg Mafia Roms ? Did those guys pay you? What's your fee to peddle my rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
I really did not like SPB MS interface. Eye candy, but not very functional (or requires too much customization)...
Yep, but I did say "Roms", plural. I've got a TF3d, TF3d2, and a MS rom out there... The later of the 2 with the ol' jd twist to them...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

I've tried most of the 'brands' here, but always go back to SSK. His ROMs, especially with the XIP's tweaked by FormerPalmOS, always run very fast, very stable, and with way more free RAM than anyone elses. Yet they dont seem to sacrifice anything. I dont know why no one else can eeke out as much free RAM.

I've also tried a LOT of builds, and I always go back to 20954. 20954 benchmarks the highest, loads up \Windows\ in File Explorer in like 1.5 secs with Show All Files checked, rotates the screen instantly on keyboard out, and has the most free RAM at boot.

To the original poster, GREAT post. maybe you could add some tests like graphics or file system benchmarks. I use SK Tools trial app to benchmark.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 AM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

Quote:
I do plan going back to sr9 (or maybe SSK...) once I done testing
Thanks for the work!
I recommend the SRX6.1 over it just cause its newer more stable too..

I do admit to some sacrifice of stability for speed increase on sr9..
At the time I had to beat juicy and mightymike lol..

But now that the silence rom has been established..
I recommend the Offical SRX6.1 because I made sure it was fully
stable along with my noted speed..

Thank You for this thread..
I also hit thanks..

EDIT try the new rhodium rom ver. 2 for a speed test..

Last edited by silence12782; 05-14-2009 at 09:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work
Re: [5/14] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

Man I know he doesn't have any ROMs out now but I would love to see how XweaponX roms stacked up. He made some some of the fastest out there. You should also test some of the new stuff from JD, it is smoking fast as well.

XweaponX if you are lurking...v1.13 would be super or 1.17 for him to test. 1.18 was buggier than 1.17 in my opinion.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Re: [5/14] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

Can you do one for Calkulin's 6.1 please?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
I really did not like SPB MS interface. Eye candy, but not very functional (or requires too much customization)...
SPB is eye candy? I actual think that TF3D fits that category more... but I guess to each his own.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think it would be interesting to also speed test a "stock" ROM to get an idea how much faster (or slower) all the Custom ROMS are to stock.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

thanks for the stats, siley never disappoints!

i 2nd the stock rom, would be interesting to see how they match up

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro

Rhino27 is a n00b

Why don't we help out with the testing? We'll get more roms done faster. We could start with Selytch's tests as a start and add other tests if needed. That would be the standard and we could all benchmark roms. Perhaps get a sticky thread going to post the results

Rhino
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Yeah, I'd like to see a comparison to stock.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro