PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
N00b

oldweasel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/13/09] Testing Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs Psyki3 vs SSK2.0

Where did you get Silence 9 from? Would be helpful for us newbies to get the links to the tested versions, thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Interesting test but those numbers don't really mean that much in terms of reliability, usability out of the box, performance after 2 weeks of no resetting etc. And where's PsykiROM on the list?
I completely agree, I have used many roms over the past few months that after initial install run well but one week down the road and everything is so messed up its time to hard reset. I actually reverted back to the stock for a few weeks waiting for a more reliable rom to be released.

Anyway how exactly do you use the core player, I would like to watch internet TV and other things of the type on my touch pro but the flash player included in every rom I have tried is not capable of handling any streaming video website I know of.

"Yesterday it worked, Today it does not, a Hard Reset is in your Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4C6a3bmFs&NR=1 <----- worth the 2.23 min
Old 05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Real life Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
my wife is gettin ginto medical coding and I will like to get her some medical software can you point me int he right direction plesase

thanks
I use disease/drugs references, not so much coding. Haven't seen a good program for billing yet. Otherwise - Sanford (antibiotics), Lexi (drugs and labs), Skyscape (OCM/medconsul/Ferri CA).
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
I completely agree, I have used many roms over the past few months that after initial install run well but one week down the road and everything is so messed up its time to hard reset. I actually reverted back to the stock for a few weeks waiting for a more reliable rom to be released.

Anyway how exactly do you use the core player, I would like to watch internet TV and other things of the type on my touch pro but the flash player included in every rom I have tried is not capable of handling any streaming video website I know of.
1. I use core player for DIVX movies and shows from SD card. Not so much for streaming/youtube. Youtube app and kinoma player for streaming (youtube/shoutcast).

2. As I said previously, these numbers (and SYS versions) are what I value in ROMs. The apps can be easily found elsewhere, updated versions.

3. If I see some unusual or buggy behavior in a ROM I will report it in the observation section (I do some basic testing in addition to speed tests).
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: [5/13/09] Testing Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs Psyki3 vs SSK2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
Where did you get Silence 9 from? Would be helpful for us newbies to get the links to the tested versions, thanks!
Links added to OP.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:49 PM
N00b

oldweasel is a n00b

Sent you a PM, but others might want to know - do you have a link to Silence 9?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
Sent you a PM, but others might want to know - do you have a link to Silence 9?
as above
Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
N00b

oldweasel is a n00b
Red face Re: [5/13/09] Testing Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs Psyki3 vs SSK2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
as above
thanks, sorry for the spam, last time i jump around between 5 messages while exhausted
Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
Most of the ROMs are pretty much the same once you get certain level of quality.
From what I can tell, you are using these ROMs for only a few minutes at a time, and based on this, I have to disagree you that all ROMs are pretty much the same... Longevity and lasting stability is something to consider and that not every ROM has. My experience is in order to get a thorough feel for a ROMs speed and stability, you have to use it for more than a few minutes IMHO. Thanks for the testing though, I think the numbers are... well not sure, but thanks anyways.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post

Skyfire works pretty well for streaming media via a browser. If you double tap on a window playing media, it automatically zooms in to fit the screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro