PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sync with multiple exchange servers?

I cannot seem to find an answer to this question. Is it possible for me to get only my email from exchange server A, and sync contacts, calendar, as well as get mail from server B?

My school offers exchange server support but I do not want my calendar or contacts to be synced here. I want google to take care of that. But as far as i know, WM only supports one sync connection.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Re: sync with multiple exchange servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
I cannot seem to find an answer to this question. Is it possible for me to get only my email from exchange server A, and sync contacts, calendar, as well as get mail from server B?

My school offers exchange server support but I do not want my calendar or contacts to be synced here. I want google to take care of that. But as far as i know, WM only supports one sync connection.
The short answer is no, in terms of email from 2 different Exchange servers.

The long answer:
YOU CAN SYNC TO MORE THEN ONE EXCHANGE SERVER. However, you can only sync up to 4 accounts, one for each Exchange folder, email, calendar, contacts, notes. You can not sync any folder to more then one Exchange server. I would recommend forwarding email from the server you only want email from to an IMAP or POP account of your choosing, then configure email, contacts, and calendar for the primary account.

-You can get data/info from up to FOUR different Exchange servers
-You must setup the email account LAST. You can accomplish this by configuring your non-email accounts from within ActiveSync ON THE PHONE first, and then last, go into mail account settings and create the Exchange email account with the wizard.
-After you setup more then one ActiveSync account, you will no longer be able to connect the phone directly to ActiveSync on a PC. You will only be able to browse the phone directly, other then 3rd party apps. This is because ActiveSync errors our when it hits the 2nd ActiveSync account settings.

I personally use 2 ActiveSync accounts. I configured NuevaSync first to sync Contacts, and then configure work's Exchange email account through the wizard to get work email.

To put this into perspective I retrieve 7 email accoutns, 10 calendars, and 2 different contact lists all to the same phone. IT CAN BE DONE.

Chris
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
http://wooden-robot.net/2009/03/11/h...ge-and-google/ might help you..

added by zim2323...
So, to sync two exchange servers, put this in the device’s registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\En ableNonLocalCrossPollination]= (DWORD) 1This key will most probably be there already, but if it is, its value
will be 0. If so, change it to 1.
Soft reset, then, setup activesync ON THE DEVICE (If you try setting up
on the PC, it will still fail).

I've tested this, and the added part above is the most important. Being that, whoever wrote this original article had no frickin clue what they were talking about, nor did they ever try what they were actually writing would work.

IMPORTANT: What that registry settings does is allow syncing a single device between MORE THEN ONE PC...NOT more then one Exchange server. IN NO WAY does it enable/disable any ability to sync more then one Exchange server on the phone itself. It only represents how the device syncs with a PC.

You ALWAYS have had the ability to sync to more then one Exchange account, as long as you setup the email portion through the wizard LAST. You can only use one folder (email, contacts, calendar, notes) on each of up to four ActiveSync accounts.

I am am a MCITP, MCSE, CCNA with 10+ years experience in Exchange implementation and migration along with OWA, RPC over HTTPS, and mobile access configuration.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

thanks a ton, it works now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro