View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sync with multiple exchange servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
I cannot seem to find an answer to this question. Is it possible for me to get only my email from exchange server A, and sync contacts, calendar, as well as get mail from server B?

My school offers exchange server support but I do not want my calendar or contacts to be synced here. I want google to take care of that. But as far as i know, WM only supports one sync connection.
The short answer is no, in terms of email from 2 different Exchange servers.

The long answer:
YOU CAN SYNC TO MORE THEN ONE EXCHANGE SERVER. However, you can only sync up to 4 accounts, one for each Exchange folder, email, calendar, contacts, notes. You can not sync any folder to more then one Exchange server. I would recommend forwarding email from the server you only want email from to an IMAP or POP account of your choosing, then configure email, contacts, and calendar for the primary account.

-You can get data/info from up to FOUR different Exchange servers
-You must setup the email account LAST. You can accomplish this by configuring your non-email accounts from within ActiveSync ON THE PHONE first, and then last, go into mail account settings and create the Exchange email account with the wizard.
-After you setup more then one ActiveSync account, you will no longer be able to connect the phone directly to ActiveSync on a PC. You will only be able to browse the phone directly, other then 3rd party apps. This is because ActiveSync errors our when it hits the 2nd ActiveSync account settings.

I personally use 2 ActiveSync accounts. I configured NuevaSync first to sync Contacts, and then configure work's Exchange email account through the wizard to get work email.

To put this into perspective I retrieve 7 email accoutns, 10 calendars, and 2 different contact lists all to the same phone. IT CAN BE DONE.

Chris
This post has been thanked 1 times.