PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: rev-a pissing me off!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63811

QUOTING Hidavi

I used this stuff to get my speed to triple.

Download this program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1236890770

Run the software that i provided (tcptune). Use the following settings for Cellular line 1, and Cellular line 2:

Rwin: 98300
Windows Scaling on
TTL 128
MTU Discovery on
Selective Acks on
Time Stamps off

Reboot.

Peep the speed blast.

Forgot to mention that I'm on Sprint. Not sure if this works on other carriers but it would not hurt to try.

END QUOTE
There's plenty of people getting fast speeds with revA without doing this reg edit, so i don't think this is what we're after...but who knows...maybe it will help.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

i've tried that edit and program before and it didnt change a thing man but thanks for the post, it might help somebody else out.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,
Carrier: Verizon

manofhonor24 is a n00b

REV. A Has a limit of 3.0Mbps transfer rate. In most cases you will never this. For most REV. A carriers(Sprint, Alltel, Verizon) you typical speed is about 25 - 50% of capacity.

So the majority of the time, you will be around 700kbps -1.5Mbps. You will see spikes about that typical speed all the way up to 3Mbps.

What governs you spikes/speed is how many broadband channels you have per tower, in your city. The amount of broadband channels is based on a ratio and need for the amount of cellular subscribers in a servicing area.

It doesn't matter what reg hacks that you do, or programs that you run, when the amount of cellular subscribers start to increase your speeds will become more typical.

For example earlier this week Verizon just deployed a broadband channel in the city that I live. When they were testing the the broadband channel in the wee hours of the morning, I noticed a significant speed increase. As soon as they were finished testing and deployed it my speeds increase but they leveled out because of the quantity of subscribers.

This is one of the reasons that a lot of cellular carriers are leaving the EVDO/EVDV Roadmap of Qualcomm and pursuing other alternatives such as WiMax and LTE.

LTE is the 4G technology of choice because its data propagation is so simple compared to EVDO/EVDV. For example, Verizon will deploy 4g technology in the US First. But LTE before enhancements/upgrades has a limit of 50Mbps(Fully duplex). So even if the carriers give you 10% of the bandwith it is fully capable of you are looking at roughly 4 times the typical download speeds of Rev. A and about 8 times the typical upload speed.

Keep your shirt on for now. LTE is almost here in the US.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

hey guys, I have always used this set up with the posted adv conf settings posted and have always had great speed with the tweak. For #1, pandora will not play right without the adv conf tweaks. Im hitting speeds of 1100 kb/s sometimes. however on this new rom im on, theres an option for serial on USB. Never seen it before. Its always selected when i open it. Set it to cellular line, but after soft reset, its back on serial on usb. Can anybody tell me #1what this is, #2 is it a problem? I dont think it is, my speeds are still tweaked, but youtube is laggin pretty bad for me. It might be the rom, im just trying to narrow it down. Thanks for your help in advance

(you can check your speed at dslreports.com/mspeed right on your phones browser. choose 1mb file. iht 100k and it will tell you to choose larger file. then select 1mb.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63811

QUOTING Hidavi

I used this stuff to get my speed to triple.

Download this program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1236890770

Run the software that i provided (tcptune). Use the following settings for Cellular line 1, and Cellular line 2:

Rwin: 98300
Windows Scaling on
TTL 128
MTU Discovery on
Selective Acks on
Time Stamps off

Reboot.

Peep the speed blast.

Forgot to mention that I'm on Sprint. Not sure if this works on other carriers but it would not hurt to try.

END QUOTE
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofhonor24 View Post
REV. A Has a limit of 3.0Mbps transfer rate. In most cases you will never this. For most REV. A carriers(Sprint, Alltel, Verizon) you typical speed is about 25 - 50% of capacity.

So the majority of the time, you will be around 700kbps -1.5Mbps. You will see spikes about that typical speed all the way up to 3Mbps.

What governs you spikes/speed is how many broadband channels you have per tower, in your city. The amount of broadband channels is based on a ratio and need for the amount of cellular subscribers in a servicing area.

It doesn't matter what reg hacks that you do, or programs that you run, when the amount of cellular subscribers start to increase your speeds will become more typical.

For example earlier this week Verizon just deployed a broadband channel in the city that I live. When they were testing the the broadband channel in the wee hours of the morning, I noticed a significant speed increase. As soon as they were finished testing and deployed it my speeds increase but they leveled out because of the quantity of subscribers.

This is one of the reasons that a lot of cellular carriers are leaving the EVDO/EVDV Roadmap of Qualcomm and pursuing other alternatives such as WiMax and LTE.

LTE is the 4G technology of choice because its data propagation is so simple compared to EVDO/EVDV. For example, Verizon will deploy 4g technology in the US First. But LTE before enhancements/upgrades has a limit of 50Mbps(Fully duplex). So even if the carriers give you 10% of the bandwith it is fully capable of you are looking at roughly 4 times the typical download speeds of Rev. A and about 8 times the typical upload speed.

Keep your shirt on for now. LTE is almost here in the US.
Is LTE like the next-gen GSM and WiMax the next-gen CDMA? Just trying to grasp the new technologies.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots View Post
Is LTE like the next-gen GSM and WiMax the next-gen CDMA? Just trying to grasp the new technologies.
LTE will be net gen for most carriers, I believe Sprint is the only carrier going with WiMax

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 05-01-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
LTE will be net gen for most carriers, I believe Sprint is the only carrier going with WiMax
I am aware of that. I was just wondering if the technologies were similar to what we have now. I heard LTE will give the Verizon/Alltel phones sim cards, something we didn't get with CDMA.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

here is a link on LTE if anybody wants to read about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Term_Evolution
it talks about what the different carriers are doing with it at the bottom of the page.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Guys, my Alltel/Verizon rep told me Rev.A wouldn't do much for download, but Rev.A increased the upload. Not sure if he was right and weird, but i've never done the "mobilespeedtest.com" thing.

I just did with my new rA (3g) connection. I tested it three different times with the 3mb file and got 7146, 7100, and 6859 the three times. I wander how accurate that is. wow.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i'm not sure what your alltel/verizon guy was smoking but it helps with the upload and download. the fastest i could get before with rev-0 was like 1.1 maybe and now the fastes with rev-a is 2.7.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro