PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry rev-a pissing me off!!!!

ok so i got a question if the signal and tower say i have rev-a should i not have rev-a?? they just upgraed the towers in my city and at my house where i use it most the signal shows rev-a but there is no change in speed. when i drive 2 miles to my wifes office i get an average of 1.7mps with spikes of 2.5 and that is inside a hospital.at home in the driveway with the same ammount of bars and everything i get an average of 700kps with spikes of 1.2. what gives???? do they "upgrade" some towers and not others and if so why does it show rev-a?? any help would rock my brothers!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: rev-a pissing me off!!!!

I have the same problem. Rev A city. But I never get p***** 700 kb. Anyone know of any reg hacks?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
ok so i got a question if the signal and tower say i have rev-a should i not have rev-a?? they just upgraed the towers in my city and at my house where i use it most the signal shows rev-a but there is no change in speed. when i drive 2 miles to my wifes office i get an average of 1.7mps with spikes of 2.5 and that is inside a hospital.at home in the driveway with the same ammount of bars and everything i get an average of 700kps with spikes of 1.2. what gives???? do they "upgrade" some towers and not others and if so why does it show rev-a?? any help would rock my brothers!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I have the same problem. Rev A city. But I never get p***** 700 kb. Anyone know of any reg hacks?
did you boys icon not change when rev.a was made available?

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Tower might be overloaded, or have tin cans+string connection to teh intertubes.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes it does change but it shows the same at either place.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
yes it does change but it shows the same at either place.
i had a prl update pushed to me about 2 weeks ago. my stuff is much faster.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well i tryed the prl update thing i am running on 30039 with the vzn 1.03.3 radio
Old 04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
well i tryed the prl update thing i am running on 30039 with the vzn 1.03.3 radio
30039 is what i'm on as well.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

30039 is what i'm on too and they just upgraded the towers 1 week ago cause everyone on alltel around me started showing rA instead of Ev. I was asking in a different thread why my speeds have not changed one bit since my icon is now rA. I even tried loading one of the "Special devices" PRL's 40048 and still no difference. Anyone know if it's just that they upgrade the towers to broadcast revision A, but maybe it takes a different step to upgrade the actual speed?

Last edited by razorloves; 04-30-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63811

QUOTING Hidavi

I used this stuff to get my speed to triple.

Download this program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1236890770

Run the software that i provided (tcptune). Use the following settings for Cellular line 1, and Cellular line 2:

Rwin: 98300
Windows Scaling on
TTL 128
MTU Discovery on
Selective Acks on
Time Stamps off

Reboot.

Peep the speed blast.

Forgot to mention that I'm on Sprint. Not sure if this works on other carriers but it would not hurt to try.

END QUOTE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro