PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MP6900AL - Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

talk2nate is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to talk2nate
Re: voice texting on the touch pro

So does the current version of Nuance have voice texting or not? lol .. sorry I even went to the link listed above but see nothing about voice texting. I for one would rather have voice texting while driving. I'm cheap and I find texting to be easier than calling people to ask a simple yes/no question.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

onesickvdub is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Or, it's called "kid" as in, "txt your mom we're on the way."

"Kid" - the ultimate in voice operated devices. Only works after 3-4 years of training. Then works well for about 5-6 years. Then refuses to respond for next 10 years. Then leaves (if you're lucky.)

Get your Kid today!
Yeah, but "kid" is an extremely expensive way to go to accomplish this simple feat. You have to pay for the first 3-4 years that they don't work....

Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickvdub View Post
Yeah, but "kid" is an extremely expensive way to go to accomplish this simple feat. You have to pay for the first 3-4 years that they don't work....

It's like paying into disability insurance.

You don't use it right away but when you do, it's awesome
Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
It's like paying into disability insurance.

You don't use it right away but when you do, it's awesome
close....they "take care" of you for about 10-15 years after they grow up, then throw you in a nursing home for the last 20 years of your life and come by once a year at X-mas...

Help Me Help You
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Jott.com

late,
Coz
Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

denti is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Or, it's called "kid" as in, "txt your mom we're on the way."

"Kid" - the ultimate in voice operated devices. Only works after 3-4 years of training. Then works well for about 5-6 years. Then refuses to respond for next 10 years. Then leaves (if you're lucky.)

Get your Kid today!
oh my.. i need one of these "kid". does it came with a money back warranty incase i don't like it? do they have a demo version?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by denti View Post
oh my.. i need one of these "kid". does it came with a money back warranty incase i don't like it? do they have a demo version?
All sales final.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

www.nuance.com/nvc/
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
And how was your post any more constructive than mine? Could have been done in a PM.

But seriously, the OP is asking for something that allows him to make short voice messages.

Last I checked, a phone does that.. just put it on speakerphone or get a bluetooth headset.
I can answer this... some ppl (me for example) hate talking on the phone.. text is short sweet and to the point.. if i am driving its a pain to try and type a text so voice text would be awesome.. you say make a quick call and that will solve it..then i would assume you don't have say a girlfriend because NO CALL IS EVER QUICK lol... but in all serious making a call tends to lead into deeper convo..not to mention say who I'm texting is at work and cant receive calls?... well im driving a quick voice text would solve the problem yes?... just a cpl examples of how voice text would be ideal for a person like me.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post

NinjaMom, Good luck with your belt test in June, that day is my daughters birthday so we will be sure to put an extra candle on the cake for you when she makes her wish!!!!

Awesome... Thank you!!! And I will make sure I hit my instructor a little extra hard when I have to spar him as the "pinch to grow an inch".... LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro