PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
New TP with hardware keyboard failure???...

I've had this device for less than 3 weeks and the hard KB has already failed. I had sent a text and after I sent the message, the letter "y" kept typing on the screen. I then soft reset my device and now the hard KB does NOT work. I was running a custom ROM. I did a hard reset and even flashed the shipped ROM and it's STILL not working. I will be going to my local corporate Sprint store and see what they can do for me. This sucks! =/
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 04-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New TP with hardware keyboard failure???...

Yeah that sucks. But hey, it's electronic and can go bad at anytime. Murphy's law ya know?

Custom rom and hardware failure huh? Go figure. I just bought a 2nd TP as the house phone and decided to expereiment with mine and flashed MightyRom 4.16 to tinker with. But that is only reason I flashed. I'm still not 100% sure I trust them (custom roms) but I commend you for reflashing back to stock 1st to see if it clears up the problem before bashing the TP into oblivion!!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Flashing back to stock (shipped ROM) was the next thing I did after a hard reset. I'm gonna tinker with it for a bit before I head out to my local Sprint store to get a resolve.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I remember reading a thread where someone was having the same problem and decided to try to fix it themselves. They found one of the cables kept coming unplugged. I think he just taped it down with electrical tape and it solved the problem. I think it was just something to do with the sliding mechanism causing the cable to unplug. I'll try to find the thread.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had a tp where the cables for kb were rubbing and caused them to unplug themselves, ill bet its the same issue. i let sprint worry about it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neoshi is just getting started

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62876
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I just got back from my local Sprint store. They swapped my KB and all is well now. In and out in less than 15 mins. I should have tried to get another phone since this one's under 30 days old, oh well! They always take care of me at that store so I'm not trippin.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro