PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Disable Wake up on Touch Pro

I have a locking app, Pocketshield, but I would like for the phone to not wake up as well. The sound notification is enough for me. I didn't know CDMA users are stuck with this problem until I searched to try to figure out a solution to this minor annoyance.

I am trying to save as much battery as I can....

Last edited by 1999TL; 05-14-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

imeraz is a n00b

s2u2 won't fix this either. unless i'm just dumb and i can't find the setting for it but i've looked several times and can't find it. it's annoying to me because i always hang up on people if i'm talking on my phone and i get a text message. i end up pushing the end button or some other random button with my face....it's really annoying. if somebody finds a fix for this PLEASE PLEASE SHARE!!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

same issue here... i tried PocketShield, s2u2 and registry changes... my phone ALWAYS wakes up on a new SMS. I NEED to fix this... anyone help?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
From what i have seen so far on WM6+ its a known WM issue....has nothing to do with the phone....It used to happen to me all the time and now that i have Rhodium based ROM it doesn't do it all. Like DonSim suggested any locking app including the basic WM one will resolve the issue.

TK
Can anyone confirm that it doesn't happen when using a Rhodium based ROM? Also, how do I confirm that a ROM is Rhodium based? I remember a while ago ROMs were labeled as Rhodium, but I'm not finding anything new. I'm running MightyROM 6.5 final on my wife's TP. She's flipping out about it calling people, as I would be too, but she hates lock screens because she can't tell who's calling right away and it takes too long to get from lock screen to picking up a call.

I did find this ROM:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68755

I've really only used Mighty's stuff on her TP as it's been rock solid with minimal work once installed.

I guess I could cook up a ROM in the kitchen if having Rhodium really works and I don't like what's available. I've never done that though, so we'll see.

Please respond with how you were able to disable the screen from coming on when receiving SMS/Text messages and if having a Rhodium ROM made it not come on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro