PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: touch pro air chamber project (lol)

The design for mine has changed a little since I don't care about LED's and charging a spare battery. I just want a cradle to set my touch pro in, so I have a large opening in one end so that I can run my USB cable through to plug it in. We are going to 'print' this out tonight and it should take about 16 hours to mahcine. I will put pics up Monday when I get it. What do you guys think?

I have my username on the opposite side.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Looks sweet! I look forward to seeing the finished product with fan and all. Thanks for sharing.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I doubt that I will put a fan in mine yet, who knows. I only have 23mm clearance underneath so I don't know if there is a fan that will fit and get sufficient air flow. I just put the little nubs in to keep it suspended and minimize contact points.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I think you miss the point of my plenum chamber design though. Gator pieced his together exactly the way I intended. The point of a plenum chamber is to create positive air pressure so I'm actually converting the airflow of the fan into channeled vents which increase the flow of air. The reason I didn't simply stick a fan under the device is because I think it would cool the device better if the air was passing through the keyboard and screen. With your design there's no point in having the side vents. See what I'm saying?

so rather than having air being driven upward into the battery case, air would be coming at it from 4 sides. I could be wrong though, in which case drilling a few holes under where the tp sits would achieve a combined effect.

I'll just have to do it so u can see it :P

Last edited by chronster; 04-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I was not trying to steal the thunder and add a bunch of stuff thats not needed. The Thing that the op wanted I made in paper last night. I will be making some more mock ups but my version will ultimatly include a spare battery port and connect to the phone from the htc ext usb plug.

I will be getting all the extra juice from the dock side of the PAC. As they come with thier own plug to charge things.

I could go all out and add stuff like add a 3.5mm aux out jack for hooking into speakers/ or put in an internal speaker w/mic and such... But thats all 2 time consuming and would innvolve a lot of extra wiring.

All I am doing is making some mods 2 my version while still staying in the relm of what the OP's ideah was.

My alpha version will need to be a little bigger esp around the phone area if i want to make it more TP2 future proof. I am getting ready to start measuring out and cut up the beta version that will include a fan to give the op a real working version be it in cardboard of what he wanted done.

All I was stating is that my version will have extras that i wanted, as everyone is not the same and does not like or want certain things.

I do have a real camera so I will take pics with the actual phone in the PAC beta 1.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

To the CAD drawing "jason25" I think you missed a critical part of the OP's Ideah and that was to make an air chamber. I drew up a side view to illistrate what i think the OP was intending.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

yes exactly thank u lol
Old 04-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Update got the tray done that for me is the hardest part. I think i made it big enough i am not measuring anything and just eyeballin once i go to the next step i can take some measurements of this version and go from there if i feel it is to small or big in certain areas.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

haha you guys are cracking me up! seriously!

glad to see we have some engineers on here (jason).

Chronzle, you're comedy dude! If you want to make it easy on everyone, draw out every part you have and send it over. i'll add in the appropriate marks to make it a blue print thats easy for everyone to understand

the only suggestions i could give you is to use my favorite building material: Legos! I use them for everyone! people laugh but it does the job.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
haha you guys are cracking me up! seriously!

glad to see we have some engineers on here (jason).

Chronzle, you're comedy dude! If you want to make it easy on everyone, draw out every part you have and send it over. i'll add in the appropriate marks to make it a blue print thats easy for everyone to understand

the only suggestions i could give you is to use my favorite building material: Legos! I use them for everyone! people laugh but it does the job.
legos! lol holy crap why didnt i think of that? dang u know what i think my mom threw out all my old legos or gave them away or something. tomorrow mornibg im for sure going to start this and come up with some serious measurements. gator might beat me to that part though. he's doing a good job with his model there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro