PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Why don't you switch to CricKet Wireless, $45 a month w/unlimited everything?
Limited Coverage 16 47.06%
Too Expensive! 6 17.65%
Internet Speed 5 14.71%
Proxy Internet (Skyfire and some apps wont work) 5 14.71%
I am just to good for CricKet!! 11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry 8330 curve
Carrier: verizon

afi27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to afi27
Re: Cricket Portal Everything Crickettt!!!

Help me figure out how to flash a blackberry 8130 from sprint to cricket please?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started

Once upon a time, I ran across a youtube video on flashing the 6700. They talked about using a local proxy as opposed to using the mycricket.com proxy. I am wondering if one could set up a proxy that would allow for access to all of the ports that are normally blocked.
One of the apps that I used to enjoy using Flexmail for my mail reading. The problem was when I switched to Cricket was the fact that the only way I could use flexmail was via WiFi because the mycricket proxy would not let me connect. If we can point to another proxy that might overcome any issues.
Just a thought!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: CricKet
Threadstarter

mauriciodg87 is keeping up the good workmauriciodg87 is keeping up the good work

Hello Cricket users, I want to add one more use for this endless list of enhacements for our cricket wireless devices. Recently i flashed to Psiky 4 which is working great for me except with funambol ( since it is WinMobile 6.5----Ill post a fix for that when I know it----) The main reason I flashed from Psyki 3 (BTW, PERFECT ROM) its because I was stoked by the new Manilla 2.1 interface that comes with the integrated Mobile Wi-Fi router for tethering (internet sharing) through Wi-Fi, this is a great tool, but as almost everything being a cricket user, it does not work straight away and it needs configuration, which in fact turned out to be REAL EASY. When I first tried it ,it created the wireless connection and my laptop was able to see it right away, but when I connected to it I had local access only ( internet not working ). But after some reading and help from a friend (thank sgreatkoolniko for pointing in the right direction) the tweaking turned out to be quick and easy, no cabs installed!! (At least with Psiky 4). So, to the point: Using Mobile Wi-FI router interface in connection manager ( found in all manilla 2.1 ROMS ) set up router by putting a name for your network and a 10 digit WEP key and choose Cricket Mobile Web as connection Method. After doing this look for the network on your COMPUTER and connect to it, it'll connect right away but you will not have internet connection.

After connecting open up internet explorer, go to tools--->internet options--->connections and go to LAN settings. In that screen, check "Automatically detect settings" and "Use a proxy server for your LAN. Where it asks you for the address enter: wap.mycricket.com and 8080 as the port. Hit OK and whoooooooalaaaaaaa! Cricket Wireless Web on your Computer.

I guess that all of this works too with other Wifi internet sharing programs such as WMWifiRouter. Sometimes it turns out that the things that look more difficult have a lame fix, only commonsense.

So to make long story short, ENABLE PROXY SETTINGS, ADD THE CRICKET PROXY SERVER & PORT for your browser.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: CricKet
Threadstarter

mauriciodg87 is keeping up the good workmauriciodg87 is keeping up the good work

UPDATE----PALRINGO is THE way to go for IM messaging with cricket, just go to menu--?settings---->proxy, select "connect via HTTPS proxy

Host
wap.mycricket.com
Port

DONT FORGET TO THANK!!!!

Last edited by mauriciodg87; 08-31-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Thank reminder
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: cricket

Genuwine1976 is a n00b
Talking Re: Cricket Portal Everything Crickettt!!!

Hello I have a solution for all of those Windows Mobile cricket users. just do a google search for a program called proxycap 1.20, and and install it with these settings: Go to proxycap config. in ur program files on ur phone, then goto add new proxy....

Type: Https
Host: wap.mycricket.com
Port: 8080
CHECK-Proxy requires authentication
User: yournumber@mycricket.com
Key: cricket

Click (OK)

Now goto Rules

Name: THE INTERNET
Type: Tunnel through proxy
Proxy: wap.mycricket.com

click (OK)

Click (OK)

And now setup ur email, and messenger clients, and whatesle you migh use through the internet and PRESTO.................

Have fun---and enjoy
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kcallis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genuwine1976 View Post
Hello I have a solution for all of those Windows Mobile cricket users. just do a google search for a program called proxycap 1.20, and and install it with these settings: Go to proxycap config. in ur program files on ur phone, then goto add new proxy....

Type: Https
Host: wap.mycricket.com
Port: 8080
CHECK-Proxy requires authentication
User: yournumber@mycricket.com
Key: cricket

Click (OK)

Now goto Rules

Name: THE INTERNET
Type: Tunnel through proxy
Proxy: wap.mycricket.com

click (OK)

Click (OK)

And now setup ur email, and messenger clients, and whatesle you migh use through the internet and PRESTO.................

Have fun---and enjoy
Ok, I think that you have hit on what I have been looking for since the beginning of me getting my TP. I do have a question? I created an e-mail account through Outlook, but it is still failing to sync. How do I make sure that my e-mail in the case is actually going through the proxy. I would love to get FlexMail up and running again.

I setup the proxy according to what you had posted above, but do I need to create a Internet rule under Settings/Connections/Advanced/Select Network? There has to be something that I am missing, because everything is just trying to go through the standard Cricket proxy.

Thanks!

Last edited by kcallis; 10-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Universal
Carrier: Tmobile

jobot is a n00b

ty for this thread. hopefully i can get this phone activated on cricket.

what does it mean to "flash to cricket" do i have to have a certain radio or prl? thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

My Cricket Rom...try it out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105360
Old 01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

henryshannon is a n00b

i was wondering if you could help me, i do not see the connection THE INTERNET on my connections list, any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated, i have a HTC Touch Pro flasned to Cricket, WAP, MMS, everything works, except palringo, and i think that proxycap may help with that, thank you
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: CricKet/Tmobile

ronald3067 is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Cricket Portal Everything Crickettt!!!

I've been using a TP on cricket for about a year now. 40+ hours of my life and I have a bug free very acceptable setup. To answer some questions first. The original cricket roms were from ToO and Drunks from over at howardsforums. Did they work? yes/no... Both of them were very buggy at best. They both were very flaky when it came to pic mail/arcsoft. Constant resets, reg edits, etc. Then Drunks posted here at ppcgeeks with an arcsoft cab " a very beautiful arcsoft cab" seeing if anyone would want to cook a cricket rom. Drunks deserves a big ThankYou ! I'm running Juicy6 with Drunks arcsoft cab and basic functions are flawless. Then I added the typical GPS tweaks, SPB mobile shell, and proxy tunnell and I have a fully functioning TP. No Bugs No Resets Flawless....
If you have Gmail there is a java app that works quite nice "if you don't use a proxy tunnel". I'm usually just a lurker but I had to share this w you guys. Links I don't have but files I do. I'm uploading the arcsoft cab originally from Drunks. Use it with any non-carrier specific rom and you will have flawless mms. As with anything else, if anybody asks I'll tell you all I can and maybe put all the files of my setup in a torrent or something.

By the way GPS has always sucked on the TP but mine does work, you just have to prime it and clear the gps chips cache once in a while. Guess that kinda screws the flawless thing... But close=D>

attached: Arcsoft cab
Batt Icon Fix- arcsoft cab always messes w it during install.
Gmail Java Pack w Opera mini "works much better"
GPS Tools

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro