PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Search function blows chunks...

peace out, it's bedtime! thanks to all the regulars for trying to help the newbies out!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Thanks for the NON answer, considering, if you read my title, you would know i DID search, and extensively....

Thanks for the cab. Is that the one with the new slide to unlock (from HTC, not an ad on) ROM? I could swear it said for Sprint.
Yes the new rom from HTC is only for GSM phones as Sprint hasn't made any request for any rom upgrades for CDMA. This is what a tech at HTC told me when I asked about this new rom. Also here is a cab for Sprintt PictureMail.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PictureMail.CAB (2.94 MB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Whats up mr8820, man its getting hot over here in PHX Az already lol.

hey OP heres the PicMail cab and i beleive the new rom your refering to was meant just for GSM TP's itll Brick your TP if you try to flash it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
Yes the new rom from HTC is only for GSM phones as Sprint hasn't made any request for any rom upgrades for CDMA. This is what a tech at HTC told me when I asked about this new rom. Also here is a cab for Sprintt PictureMail.
ummmmm....yaaaaaaaaa...., didnt go past the first post huh.....

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 03-24-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Oh by all means, and i havent blown up yet lol. Your post actually HELPED my find one of the three items, and you attached the second one. YOU helped, so i thanked. I wouldnt have even needed to ask for anything if the RSSHub would have actually sent my text message to my email account so i could get there on my own once i was home from work (ive done that with 7 threads so far, didnt get anything from it).

In MY defence, the search feature on THIS site sucks, not exactly sure why, because usually i can find what im looking for, whether its google, or other forums. I mean when you put in 'picturemail cab' and get all of this, and also looking for the 'Downloads' page this guy references here, and you get NOTHING but custom ROM links...even using the Advanced Search results in the last link...
wow, didnt take you long to make some new enimies huh lol..

lets see "offical htc rom", why not check htc's website homie? since thats where HTC "Officially" posts them when their ready and available.. and if you wouldve searched offical pic mail, you would found instructions sending you to the sprint powerdeck link that came in your favorites in your browser..

and the trick to searching??????? titles only from the dropdown box, works almost everytime

anyone watch that 70's show??? I say GOOD DAY!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:00 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Look in my SIG, thats how i start off my searches EVERYTIME. PLZ dont blow up on members of this site.
have you looked at that graph? lol, nice sig btw
http://www.quantcast.com/ppcgeeks.com

Quote:
Ok, i have the main forum added as an RSS feed, but RSS Hub only keeps a max of 30 posts. I know i saw on there and on my pc threads that discuss the battery dll hack, and the official 5.X series ROM from HTC. I cant find those links anywhere, nor can i find this elusive 'Downloads' page so i can get the picture mail fix cab.

What gives?
@ OP - please analyze your first post carefully, notice key elements missing? such as what you have tried searched? there are no details as to what keywords you used during your search, nor which search engine. As has been previously discussed in this thread, there are several different ways to search, and certain methods yield better results than others. That being said, there are just some people that can 'google' better than others... anyway, i just want to re-iterate that our fellow ppcgeeks were just trying to help you...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Ok boys and girls, I'm gonna shut this one down and give y'all a chance to cool your jets. There are a few threads dedicated to discussing issues with and tips for searching our site. Yes, it's an imperfect search system, but that's why we then rely on each other to help around here. It looks like some good help was offered and if folks don't opt to use it then so be it.

Thanks to those of you who answered and helped!!!!!

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro