PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

jmorton10 07-12-2009 08:09 PM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

you can use any ROM you want, I am running merdin's 6.5 on one of mine & NFSFans on another.

~John

moclov12 07-12-2009 08:11 PM

alright thanks a bunch guys, you really helped.

mikenerd 07-22-2009 08:48 PM

Quick question to make sure I don't screw up my service on VZN. I am running the leaked vzn ROM and want to try my first custom ROM. I am thinking Merdin's 6.5 since John (2 posts up) is using it and that cant be a bad start. So, once I flash I should still have phone and data right? Do I need to do anything special because of Sprint TP on VZN? thanks!

tbhall77 07-22-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 1053498)
Quick question to make sure I don't screw up my service on VZN. I am running the leaked vzn ROM and want to try my first custom ROM. I am thinking Merdin's 6.5 since John (2 posts up) is using it and that cant be a bad start. So, once I flash I should still have phone and data right? Do I need to do anything special because of Sprint TP on VZN? thanks!

I've just got my touch pro on vzw. when they added it i was running vzw's rom as well. i just flashed merdin's last night without issues. can receive calls, txts, and data.

pzztgotbagz 07-22-2009 11:03 PM

if u flash a radio rom u will have issues if u flash just a regular rom with no radio you will be fine

sigepfarva 07-22-2009 11:20 PM

ok i see in the title it says "no longer working" but people are still talking about doing it successfully.

I have a Sprint HTC touch pro. Unlocked it, installed MightyRom, had to update radio's too.

I call up verizon's activation dept and they tell me they cannot activate it do to the MEID not being in their system. I told them it was a sprint phone running verizon that i bought online.

They said it still didn't matter because of the MEID that cannot be changed.

Then I went and got mad at them and asked them what this "Any app, any device" stuff was all about. Then read them where someone from verizon flat out said that sprint phones will work. Their answer was

"Well this one doesn't"

Me: "So what does ANY mean then"

Them: "Sorry sir I cannot do anything, it doesnt let me add MEID's to our database. There is nothing I can do"

Me: "Ok well thats ridiculous, have a nice day."

*Click*

mikenerd 07-23-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhall77 (Post 1053534)
I've just got my touch pro on vzw. when they added it i was running vzw's rom as well. i just flashed merdin's last night without issues. can receive calls, txts, and data.

Sweet! I just flashed and all is good. will I become a flashaholic?

sigepfarva 07-23-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhall77 (Post 1053534)

My sprint htc touch phone is not using the stock vzw rom. Why would that make a difference for me activating it? They told me over the phone it wouldn't make a difference what so over if it was reflashed to vzw?

How is it others are getting it working and im not?

sitnstand 07-23-2009 12:31 AM

i know it's been a while, but i was unsuccessful in activating my sprint touch pro on vzw network. I want to sale the phone but i don't know exactly how to get it back to sprint "stock". I flashed the official verizon rom (when i was trying to get it added to the network) and when i flashed the sprint stock that is on this forum, it still says verizon "starting up" then the sprint logo comes up. Also i don't know the sprint epst settings to change them back (i know, i should have wrote them down...). i don't want to hijack this thread, but any help would be great! If anyone knows you can pm me if you don't want to post in this thread.

Thanks

EDIT
So, the verizon start up is gone ( i found the shipped rom) but i need the settings for epst. the msl is still 000000 but i don't know the values to put for NAM, etc..

mikenerd 07-23-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigepfarva (Post 1054000)
My sprint htc touch phone is not using the stock vzw rom. Why would that make a difference for me activating it? They told me over the phone it wouldn't make a difference what so over if it was reflashed to vzw?

How is it others are getting it working and im not?

Back in the day the tutorial recommended flashing the vzn ROM. I got in before they closed the loop hole. It doesnt matter what ROM you are running. Now you need to have your phone added to the database. I dont know how others are getting there phones added. Sorry. :drunken: