PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

takimaki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

Hooray! My refurbed TB replacement's keyboard just stopped working after TWO WEEKS. Why doesn't someone organize a class-action suit against Sprint or HTC. I'm really tired of this BS.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tjhess is becoming a great contributor

Got a good one for you guys. Went in to replace my SCREEN issues with my 2nd HTC TP that went beyond the OIL SLICK get it home and the keyboard dies 30 minutes into me using it.. I was like, YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. I called Sprint tonight at midnight and threatened to turn them into my work (I work for CBS / Viacom) if they didnt replace this LEMON of a cell phone and tomorrow I should be upgrading to the Touch Pro 2.. I will let you know. They are supposively calling me at 4pm with the trouble ticket I need to turn into the Sprint Store. I will keep you guys posted. Also heard about sone HTC Hero option that was coming out as well.. No keyboard. No FLASH on the Touch Pro 2 either... THAT kinda sucks!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo

BrandiBran is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Mines just gave up. No KB.
Your touch pro 2 keyboard ?????
Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo

BrandiBran is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran

YOur touch pro 2 keyboard gave out Exil3d or TP
????

I think my TP keyboard just went out, but I'm at work so I don't have time to really mess with it. I'll flash my rom tonight and see if that works... anybody found any fixes for this beside getting the phone replaced at a sprint repair center?

Last edited by BrandiBran; 09-22-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chartox is a n00b

My crappy TP was just sitting on my bed. I go to check it for any new messages and it will not turn on. Pull the battery out plug it back in and now my backlight will not turn off when i hit the sleep button and my keyboard is dead. WTF!!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2
Carrier: MetroPOS

HTCtx01 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

sup guys... I've got an Alltel TP (should be same exact as Sprint inside). I bought it under the impression the KB goes out now n then (after I lost my Sprint version), but after bringin it home, it stopped completely. the KB will lite up, n make sliding sound but no resp. to key strokes....

so, after reading the posts, decided to disassemble it before goin to ebay n buyn a new KB for $40. after detaching the 2 ribbon cables, and using a can of air to clean, pushed them back in place firmly and checked for other loose end under the KB. I plugged it in to test (while still apart) but no luck. so I took the battery out (that did a reset) and put the phone back together and after it came back on, started to work 100%!!!!!!

so, might be worth givin it a try before buyn new KB (if out of warranty like mine).... good luck.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

JoePuetoRico is just getting started

naw guy your done sorry sprint wont repair it sorry sell it for parts on ebay and get another phone not a tp too many factory defects get something more reliable remember you have no warrenty or inssurance
Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

stephmv000 is a n00b

when my screen blacked out , i took it to a repair sprint store, and lucked out , they ordered me another touch pro, but now my keyboard doesn't work.. like i can push down hard on the keyboard and it'll react. but then it'll type weird words.. and i have it flashed to cricket too.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

lancer308 is a n00b
LETTER TO DAN HESS Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

Dear Mr. Hess,

I am writing this e-mail as a last resort to continuing my business relationship with Sprint. I’ve been a customer for 8 years and am at my wits end as to how to get Sprint to show some consideration and concern for me as a customer. During the past 8 years, I have had an overall very good experience with Sprint but that has deteriorated within the last 12 months. I have converted many of my employees and customers to Sprint but cannot go on recommending this company to anyone if my problem is not resolved.

In 2008, I purchased a Touch Pro by HTC after reading about it and being told by Sprint personnel that it was without comparison to any other phone on the market in the business environment in which I work. I have since found out that a Sprint employee/rep will tell a customer that about any phone, including phones which have never even been released to the employees, and phones that they have never even physically seen.
After the purchase I had my first problem with the phone within two weeks. As I recall, the screen began to show dead pixels and the battery life was unusually short. The phone was replaced at the Corporate Sprint store. Since that time I have had the phone replaced or serviced approximately 8 more times, each time at the Sprint Service Center. The service center is located at 1111 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN. The phone number is (901) 320-xxxx. The employees at the Service Center have been very helpful but are powerless to fix the core problem. They simply keep replacing the defective unit with another soon to be defective unit or just perform a hard reset to my unit that ultimately gives a temporary fix while losing all of my important work data. The HTC Pro 1 phone has obviously been a disastrous release for Sprint and HTC. The Sprint Technicians talk and laugh about how the Touch Pro is simply rife with problems and that it has hurt HTC’s reputation tremendously (I even overheard one of the Sprint Technicians sneer aboutwhat a joke the HTC Pro 1 phone has been for Sprint). This made me feel like a complete idiot for something I had worked so hard to pay for when overhearing that technician. I was humiliated and ashamed when I left the store. Approximately 2 months ago I began to notice a concerted effort by the Sprint Technicians to move me into a different phone such as a Palm or Blackberry product but various other units have been offered such as a Google Hero. Unfortunately, none of these phones are the phone that I specifically chose based on a variety of features that I need for my business environment.

In late 2008 HTC issued an upgrade called the Touch Pro 2. Everything I’ve read and everyone to whom I’ve talked tells me that it solves all of the problems inherent in the Touch Pro 1. The problem is that Sprint will not replace my Touch Pro 1 with a Touch Pro 2. I was actually told by someone in your retention department that I would be eligible in March 2010 to upgrade to the new phone, at MY expense, of course. This is absolutely offensive in terms of customer service and appreciation. You sold me a defective phone and then expect me to pay to rectify the situation, notwithstanding that the Touch Pro 1 was the most expensive phone offered by Sprint at the time of my purchase. I can’t count the wasted man hours that I have spent going through the replacement and repair process each time and the amount of business trips during which I’ve had to use a practically non-working phone until I could get back and take valuable time out of my schedule to go to Sprint to begin the process to replace this absolute failure of a telecommunications device. Upon receiving the new unit, it takes countless hours to set it up exactly as I had the previous unit set, including contacts, websites, business applications, etc. My latest unit is having software problems, as is to be expected, and the keyboard is useless since it does not work!

Dan, I refuse and will not go through the process of replacing another phone at the local store for another of the same unit. If Sprint can’t replace it with a Touch Pro 2, I will have no other choice by taking my business elsewhere. In the meantime, I will be reluctantly engaging the Federal Trade Commission regarding Sprint’s behavior and the behavior of HTC for releasing an obviously hopelessly defective product as well as discussing with my attorney about a Class Action Lawsuit. I work in a high tech surveillance and IT environment and if I treated my customers this way, I would no longer have customers.

I recently received a call from a gentleman who promised to resolve my problem. He gave my number to a Customer Support Sprint Rep. I then received a call from Sherry which she left a message stating she was with Sprint in the Handset Upgrade Department. I promptly returned the call to her for two days and never got an answer. Days later, I finally received a call from Sherry. Sherry promised to call the service center in Memphis and see that the problem was rectified and that my handset would be upgraded. That was around January 13, 2010 and I’ve never heard from her again. This incident was the final straw for me to write such a letter to you. I pray you understand the value of a customer that has been loyal to any company in a competitive environment for 8 years and I hope that you rectify this problem so that I can continue to be a customer for another 8 years. My phone number is (901) xxx-xxxx. I realize that your time is very valuable and I look forward to and will appreciate your timely response as I’m in need of a carrier that will take my needs into consideration and to do the right thing so this matter can be resolved.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Thomas L. mvc

BCC:
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

lancer308 is a n00b
AND THE REPLY FROM DAN HESS Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

Dear Mr. McKi,

Thank you contacting me.

Per our conversation, I am sending a replacement HTC Pro 2 for you at no cost. You should receive this phone within 2 -3 days. This does not affect your upgrade eligibility. You are welcome to contact me on my direct line at (757) xxx-xxxx with additional questions or concerns. My office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

Sincerely,
Dan Hess, CEO
(757) xxx-xxxx
Sprint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro