PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera Sound

Btw, Just wanted to update this...Between work & school it's been crazy, and I haven't posted up a CAB file for this yet...It would also be spiffy if you could just have a program that would be a simple GUI, and you click on a button and you can browse through your phone to find the file you want to use as the camera flash sound, then when you click it, it would make the appropriate changes and work. Unfortunately, that idea is a little bit beyond my knowledge on how to make it, but I may just try looking in to that anyways.

Either way, I will still post up the CAB with the Chimpy Camera Sound soon...

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I have no idea how to turn off the shutter sound before adding the file and changing the registry for the sound, then re-enabling the shutter sound after changing the registry for the sound. I believe it may have to do with XML, but I am unsure. I am using WinCE CAB Manager. I wouldn't mind having some suggestions for other sounds, specifically. It would be spiffy! I know not everyone wants to hear a monkey when they take a picture.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Speaking of changing sounds, is there a way to change the sound of the Screen Taps? The original one sounds like pecking on tree bark and I really would like to change it to something less "earthy". Anyone have tips for this?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
Speaking of changing sounds, is there a way to change the sound of the Screen Taps? The original one sounds like pecking on tree bark and I really would like to change it to something less "earthy". Anyone have tips for this?
I would be more than happy to check on this for ya. I'll have to do a registry comparison, tho...it may take me a few minutes or so.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I put together a new CAB version of this, and I'm trying it out right now, so I shall post soon and we shall see. more soon to follow!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Okayes, CAB file works great! Just install to Device Memory (only 25kb) and it will change your shutter sound on the camera to a chimp! This works on both the Touch Pro and the Touch Diamond. CAB file is attached to the original post, as well as this one.

Also, here is a rapidshare link with the cab file just as a backup:

http://rapidshare.com/files/28073574...py_Shutter.cab

Enjoy! Mad props go out to Anon9mouz because he kept asking me how it was coming and what the status was, thank you so much!
Attached Files
File Type: cab M_N Chimpy Shutter.cab (25.3 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
Unfortunately, I was unable to find the regedit setting that changes this, and i was thinking that it would be kewl (only for a short time tho) to have the device say "snarf" every time the screen was tapped. lol. I'll keep lookin tho.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Reflecting on my previous post, I figured I would make another shutter sound CAB. This one says "Snarf" (for ne1 that doesn't know the reference, it's from Thundercats) when you take the picture. CAB will be attached soon. If anyone has any sounds they would like cabbed up, please feel free to post on here, and I'll see how quick I can have them ready!
Attached Files
File Type: cab M_N Snarf Shutter Sound.cab (6.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i'm not lol
Carrier: at&t

kmlnotobsessed is a n00b

Your such a dork.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlnotobsessed View Post
Your such a dork.
Lol, I love you too boo!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro