PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to switch touch pro for sprint to metro pcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaten View Post
i tried getting it flashed but they said that the houdini soft couldnt find my phone.. how do i fix this problem?
First, make sure that you went to a metro pcs corporate store and not an authorized dealer. Two different types of services. Corporate can actually add the phone's ESN onto metro's network, where the other stores have to call it in. But some stores sometimes hire smart techies that know how (flash)...

But you might even reach a roadblock with certain corporate stores that not because it can't be done, but their reps are not trained. Houdinisoft does support the flashing of the HTC Touch Pro. Here is their list of phones: http://www.houdinisoft.com/device

You have options. First, make a phone call to your metro corp store and ask if they can flash it. If not, then call the authorized metro pcs stores and ask the same question. You can also check your local craigslist.org site to see if someone can do it. Beware of those that clone phones, that is illegal, and in the long run, makes your phone harder if you want to add other features. If you do find someone, don't leave the phone with them if they tell you it will take days not hours.

You can find more about metro pcs flashing here: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476

And once you have it flashed, check out this posting that shows you how to add the wap and mms settings... http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303

Good luck.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

chaten is a n00b

they say that they cant read it.. i went to 2 different stores.. and they both tried it..
Old 08-29-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try the unlocker program and take it back. i have no clue but thats just an idea.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

chaten is a n00b

i tired that too.. still no luck..
Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPcs

oldmans is a n00b

I had that problem with 3 metro stores yesterday. The first employee at a corporate store said he needed a password from his manager to install the drivers on the TP. Really?
The second store, authorized dealer, said he could not detect my phone. I went home and hard reset, went back to the same store and it did find my phone but still could not flash it.
The 3rd authorized store said it would take an hour. I went back after an hour for the stupid girl to tell me she didn't have the connector to plug up my TP to her computer.

I am not too sure but I think they just didn't want to deal with it. I went to another corporate store and it was just too busy. So I left.

Could it just be the actual phone that is messed up?? Or are we just not wanting to be helped in flashing this phone?? i have taken my other phones to be flashed and no problem. Of course they were not touchscreen smart pda types.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi

Jsut to make sure that I understand, switching to Metro PCS means that I'd be unable to use the EVDO speed connection. If I'm wrong, someone let me know.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero, htc touch pro

gluka47 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaten View Post
i tried getting it flashed but they said that the houdini soft couldnt find my phone.. how do i fix this problem?

dude employees at metro are dumb f**ks i live in ga and i went to the biggest metro store and they told me some bs i quote "we had a data error" and they didnt even took 2 minutes then i when to another one and boom quote "we dont do smartphones" and finally i went to this little store and boom the phone was working for metro in 1 hour i was like thank god
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluka47 View Post
dude employees at metro are dumb f**ks i live in ga and i went to the biggest metro store and they told me some bs i quote "we had a data error" and they didnt even took 2 minutes then i when to another one and boom quote "we dont do smartphones" and finally i went to this little store and boom the phone was working for metro in 1 hour i was like thank god
so true, most employees are tools and dont read the directions on how to flash it, biggest issue, aside from the being idiots, is they do not put the phone into USB mode so houdini can detect it, its true I would know, I own a store lol
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero, htc touch pro

gluka47 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
so true, most employees are tools and dont read the directions on how to flash it, biggest issue, aside from the being idiots, is they do not put the phone into USB mode so houdini can detect it, its true I would know, I own a store lol
know that you said that you own a store
the only way to add the esn is thru houdini right
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluka47 View Post
know that you said that you own a store
the only way to add the esn is thru houdini right
legally yes, but illegally, the amount of time and trouble it takes, its worth the $47 to just get it done.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro