PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I think I'm done. Getting a Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
The grass is always greener my man.

I look at it this way. The Touch Pro is a Harley. It doesn't have the best ride, get the best gas mileage, crap falls off of it on a ride, but man is it cool.

The Blackberry is like one of those Honda touring bikes. It gets you around, and is reliable, but it's pretty boring.

Man, you hit it right on head.....
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

A few things I've learned about phones over the years
1. Comparing one phone that you really like to a new one that you just got always results in not liking the current phone.
2. Not liking the current phone because you compare it to the previous phone always leads to the thought of getting a different phone would be a better choice that the current phone you have.
3. You get the new phone and repeat the thought process taking you back to number 1 and thus the cycle repeats.

1. Compared to old phone
2. Don't like new phone because you compare to old phone
3. Think new phone is solutions: GOTO 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mpeters13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Blackberries have just as many issues, bro. I was reading a article earlier where Congress is complaining about how bad the BB Storm is.

Personally I have never used a BB, but I haven't heard a whole lot of great things about them
AMEN on the Storm comment. I work for a helpdesk and we all recently ran back to our AT&T Blackberry 8120s and 8820s after 2-3 months of Blackberry Storm hell. Never have I picked up an older phone and fell in love with it all over again. The Blackberry Storm has a laundry list of issues that literally SLOW productivity in any work environment.

As for the HTC Touch Pro, believe me buddy... I was there too. I decided to tough it out, though. I had the piece of crap swapped four times in a 3 month period before I finally got one that works the way it should. The device is slow as molasses, gaining at most, a usability grade when dumping a custom ROM on like Juggalo or Mighty. Right now I'm running a stock sprint rom with a modified page pool and the standard hacks. I've disabled touchflo and I'm using PointUI instead. Things have been good so far.

Blackberry is probably the way to go, as long as you realize they aren't perfect either. I have lots of friends who are pleased with their Curves. I'd probably switch too if I wasn't in love with the overall functionality I've gained with Windows Mobile. I love being able to browse files on my device and do whatever I want with them. The only other platforms offering that freedom are Android (like we'll ever seen one of those on Sprint) and Symbian (I know we'll NEVER see one of those devices.)
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I feel bad for you, because I have heard similar stories from a lot of people. It sucks....I feel so friggin lucky that I got a good one. I LOVE my Pro. I absolutley am in love with it. I wouldnt trade it for anything (thats currently out). Its an awesome phone with so many features that I dont even feel the need to use my laptop anymore. This phone is my link to life...I use it in every aspect of my day...and I wouldnt trust that to any old phone.

I understand what you're saying...we all make decisions based on personal experience. But trust me...the Pro is an excellent device...there are not hundreds of crazy people on this site raving about a phone that sucks.

My advice is to give it one more shot, and make it clear that you want a NEW device. I guarantee...if you get a pro that is not defective...you wont see the issues you described.

It really is like the bike comparison made earlier in the thread. The Pro is freakin hot. Its just sexy Blackberries remind me of old executives, wall street stiffs, or people that have no idea what they actually want from a phone and think Blackberrys are the best thing out there.

Ahhhh Windows Mobile....the Red Headed stepchild of the mobile world....I still love you!

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
User error is hilarious.
Yes I made the keyboard stop functioning and made the phone hang on the HTC logo and not boot.

Ignorance is hilarious.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BrokenLimits is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
I feel bad for you, because I have heard similar stories from a lot of people. It sucks....I feel so friggin lucky that I got a good one. I LOVE my Pro. I absolutley am in love with it. I wouldnt trade it for anything (thats currently out). Its an awesome phone with so many features that I dont even feel the need to use my laptop anymore. This phone is my link to life...I use it in every aspect of my day...and I wouldnt trust that to any old phone.

I understand what you're saying...we all make decisions based on personal experience. But trust me...the Pro is an excellent device...there are not hundreds of crazy people on this site raving about a phone that sucks.

My advice is to give it one more shot, and make it clear that you want a NEW device. I guarantee...if you get a pro that is not defective...you wont see the issues you described.

It really is like the bike comparison made earlier in the thread. The Pro is freakin hot. Its just sexy Blackberries remind me of old executives, wall street stiffs, or people that have no idea what they actually want from a phone and think Blackberrys are the best thing out there.

Ahhhh Windows Mobile....the Red Headed stepchild of the mobile world....I still love you!
Decided to do what you said. Swung by Sprint and the manager chick remembered me being in there. She got me a brand new and gave me the box and all the accessories and everything. So now I have 3 sets of everything and a brand new phone. She was really nice (I think she was flirting) and she told me "hopefully 3rd time is the charm" haha.

I really like the phone when it works, I just cant keep having to stop and get a new one and crap like that. Maybe I just got two lemons and the third time will be the charm. If not its Blackberry time lol.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
So now I have 3 sets of everything
I hope that the phone does work out for you, WTG!!!! Good thing they gave you a brand new phone, man now that's Karma...
Funny thing Karma, I see now you have 3 sets of everything and you've run into good fortune... I'd say, give all of your 'extras' away!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BrokenLimits is a n00b

I was planning to do that once I get it all together and figure out which I want to hang on to. I know I dont need it all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

Man I can't get over a couple thing from you
1. that no matter how frustrated you are/were with the TP you still hung on to hope
2. that you got a brand spanking new phone when you stayed calm and talked to the manager...

that's great, you don't a BB anyway because if you were to use it from Corporate email it would go through their servers first... unless that's changed...

either way, good score man!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Take it from someone who currently has a Touch Pro and a Blackberry Curve side by side. One for personal one for business... The BB just blows if you're used to WinMo. And since you came from a 6700 - you obviously used WinMo... Sure - the BB is easy, but it just feels like a regular dubmphone with a qwerty keyboard. My old Sanyo Katana was better. BUt anyways... glad you got a new TP. I love mine and it has worked perfectly since day one.

[
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro