PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44 for sprint CAB. Works on stock ROM

First this cab is great for people like me who don't feel very good about extensive reg edits. Thanks.

This fix just still kills the option to set up new emails right?

I don't miss it since I don't really check my email right now on the TP but I can pretty much remove the email tab now? It's just taking up tab space on my TP...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700->TP->TP2->Evo 4G->Evo 4G LTE

SeventhGen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

great work! im going to keep this as a backup just in case i have to do a hard reset. +1 for arcsoft vs sprintmms. thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Arcsoft is ok, but the videos in receive or send mode shows real small as a thumbnail view, unless there's a setting I'm missing to allow videos to show larger, also there's a cab to allow 2 and 5 mb upload with this proggy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Question Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44 for sprint CAB. Works on stock ROM

jaminmc,

Can you or anyone tell me what exactly the picture\video settings are supposed to be? I'm using sprint and for some reason, my picture messages may take like 10 to 15 to get there even when I send some to myself. Under server settings mine is set to sprint, under sprint tab the settings are 80 as the port number, server address is 63.215.195.152/servlets/mms and connect via is sent to internet, now I've tried this setting at network also which someone suggested, but it didn't seem to make a difference. BTW, my message limit is 5000k and I'm using ver 5.0.69.44. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
What does everyone think. Stay with my combo of stock sprint MMS for incoming and sMMS for outgoing, or this?
<br />
<br />stock sprint mms is terrible. i would get rid of that any way possible. i only used smms because sprint's version is just terrible and i didn't want to have to use it to send AND receive. but with arcsoft, there's no point in using smms because mms integrated into the interface. i love being able to flip through pics in resco photo viewer, and send it straight from there.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
What does everyone think. Stay with my combo of stock sprint MMS for incoming and sMMS for outgoing, or this?
stock sprint mms is terrible. i would get rid of that any way possible. i only used smms because sprint's version is just terrible and i didn't want to have to use it to send AND receive. but with arcsoft, there's no point in using smms because mms integrated into the interface. i love being able to flip through pics in resco photo viewer, and send it straight from there.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
jaminmc,

Can you or anyone tell me what exactly the picture\video settings are supposed to be? I'm using sprint and for some reason, my picture messages may take like 10 to 15 to get there even when I send some to myself. Under server settings mine is set to sprint, under sprint tab the settings are 80 as the port number, server address is 63.215.195.152/servlets/mms and connect via is sent to internet, now I've tried this setting at network also which someone suggested, but it didn't seem to make a difference. BTW, my message limit is 5000k and I'm using ver 5.0.69.44. Any help would be appreciated.
That is because sometimes Sprints mms servers are slow. There was a period of like 2 hours lastnight where it seemed like it was down, but the pics eventually came. Had nothing to do with arcsoft.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
Arcsoft is ok, but the videos in receive or send mode shows real small as a thumbnail view, unless there's a setting I'm missing to allow videos to show larger, also there's a cab to allow 2 and 5 mb upload with this proggy
Ive found that if I save the videos, then I can play them full screen with windows media player.

You don't need a different cab. Just go into pix/vid optiond, select servers, tap Sprint, and under send limit you can select 500k, 1000k, or 5000k. I defaulted to 500k, bacause providers like Verizon dont seem to deliver MMS's that are larger than that.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

wdaniels2007 is just getting started

jaminmc,

Yeah, I kinda fingered it was sprint and not archsoft, just wanted to make sure..Thanks for verifying that, because its not like I don't get them, but some I get in a few minutes so take longer and at first I thought it was because the sizes of the pictures, but it makes sense its another sprint issue.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
jaminmc,

Yeah, I kinda fingered it was sprint and not archsoft, just wanted to make sure..Thanks for verifying that, because its not like I don't get them, but some I get in a few minutes so take longer and at first I thought it was because the sizes of the pictures, but it makes sense its another sprint issue.
LOL.

MMS isn't as fast as SMS with any carrier. The servers have a lot more to process than just 160 Characters. They have to send and receive vast amounts of data among millions of users, and then send a SMS to the other phones to signal them to download the messages. So when there is a lot of traffic, things go in a que, and are deleyed. When the servers arent all that busy, then it is only like 10 seconds.

Sprint could always add more servers to speed up the process.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro