PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

Disabling xt9 completely got rid of the lag for me, but like I said, it messes with the compact qwerty so if you use it, this tweak is not for you. I have attached 2 cabs, one that disables it and one that enables it back in case you need it (Don't think an uninstall will revert it back)

This also brings back the good old word suggestion from windows instead of that annoying black bar. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable_xt9.cab (1.2 KB, 193 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Enable_xt9.cab (1.2 KB, 113 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have tried all the "lag keyboard" fixes I can find and not one has worked. It's just windows just like Scott said.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

MountainDew is a n00b

I started experiencing this lag on the latest Migthy ROM 4.11 but on 4.10 I didn't have it... I just went back to 4.10 but while flashing my friend sent me this thread so I'm going to re-install 4.11 and give it another try I'll keep you guys posted
Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jesus people. Its not windows mobile. Its the HTC keyboard driver for the touch pro called XT9 It also supports the onscreen keyboard. The thing is my Phone has **** tons of lag on the keyboard. Tried all the top win-mo roms and such. On my old XV6800 there is NO lag. I remember I dumped my XV6800 back into the box and I just re-opened it to see if Scott is right about the Win Mo thing. He's wrong, the xv6800 instantaneously types a letter. Try it yourself scott if you still have your XV6800 lying around.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Thank you for clarifying it.

I guess your one of th elucky ones that dont see Lag on a stock ROM. Your very lucky. Even cnet talks about the keyboard lag.

Keep that phone ;c)
I to can confirm that my keyboard doesnt lag on stock rom. actually it works better then on custom roms, but the cab goodcat posted worked fine and dandy for me, it still lags a bit but works much better
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
Jesus people. Its not windows mobile. Its the HTC keyboard driver for the touch pro called XT9 It also supports the onscreen keyboard. The thing is my Phone has **** tons of lag on the keyboard. Tried all the top win-mo roms and such. On my old XV6800 there is NO lag. I remember I dumped my XV6800 back into the box and I just re-opened it to see if Scott is right about the Win Mo thing. He's wrong, the xv6800 instantaneously types a letter. Try it yourself scott if you still have your XV6800 lying around.
Uhhh, I was just in a VZW store yesterday and played with a Titan and it does have lag......

If you think its the XT9 I will try to cook up a ROM without it tonight. Its easy to pull out... Any specific build you would like to see this on? If this is correct and you are right about the keyboard driver (I was always told the same thing but talking about drivers on a phone sounds crazy so I blame it on the OS) then I will be cooking all of my ROM's with out that crap.

The XT9 is the box that pops up, right? I hate that thing!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
I to can confirm that my keyboard doesnt lag on stock rom. actually it works better then on custom roms, but the cab goodcat posted worked fine and dandy for me, it still lags a bit but works much better
Your one of the lucky ones....

I really dont think the interpertaion of lag is the same for all of us... I really dont. But anyways.....

Im going to try and cook a ROM with out XT9 tonight and see what happens. I will report back.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you take out xt9, the lag will be gone but the compact qwerty won't work tight.

You can also just disable it.

Has anyone actually tried what I posted earlier?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

i only really normally experice recognizable keyboard lag when texting
that cab doesnt do didly squat, plus its only for when to start repeating, and how fast to repeat, so for the life of me i dont know why anyone thinks that would fix regular keyboard lag unless im hodling down 1 key for a long time

for the text the lag comes with the built in windows texting program(i guess a palm port)because when i installed coddppc win 5.0 threaded text theres is 0 lag. install the default win 6.1 back, super lag when texting
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

I thought it was more system-wide, not just in texting. Altho in playing with an 800w that thing has no lag whatsoever.... made me consider the device for a lil bit. I don't think the (Sprint) Treo Pro has much lag either; in the time I played with it I didn't really notice.

I know with my phone the lag got really bad to where it would stutter and it would act as if keys were stuck, but then recently the keyboard died completely. My refurb should be here today... I'm hoping my old one just had issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro