PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

I came from a titan runing DCD and i guess i'm spoiled because i'm used to things responding right away when i hit it on the screen. now, i think i've given tf3d a fighting chance. i've tried it stock (without & then with the touch pro clean up cab), juicy 4.7 and now mightymike 4.9?? (i think. what ever the most recent one is). the X button never seems to work well, everything is always a step behind, and i always seem to be opening things i dont want because i keep hitting 2 or 3 times and then the phone catches up it sends me through 2 or 3 menus i didn't mean to go into. i've run the tweeks found in touch pro essentials and didn't see much difference. i'm about to download GC's kitchen and just say screw it to tf3d. it's a shhame because in some ways i really like it. it's just to slow.

before i give up on it totally, anyone have any suggestions that might bring me around again? anyone have a rom especially built for tf3d speed? am i missing a important tweek that fixes everything? one last chance. HELP!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Sounds like you need to disable it.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
I came from a titan runing DCD and i guess i'm spoiled because i'm used to things responding right away when i hit it on the screen. now, i think i've given tf3d a fighting chance. i've tried it stock (without & then with the touch pro clean up cab), juicy 4.7 and now mightymike 4.9?? (i think. what ever the most recent one is). the X button never seems to work well, everything is always a step behind, and i always seem to be opening things i dont want because i keep hitting 2 or 3 times and then the phone catches up it sends me through 2 or 3 menus i didn't mean to go into. i've run the tweeks found in touch pro essentials and didn't see much difference. i'm about to download GC's kitchen and just say screw it to tf3d. it's a shhame because in some ways i really like it. it's just to slow.

before i give up on it totally, anyone have any suggestions that might bring me around again? anyone have a rom especially built for tf3d speed? am i missing a important tweek that fixes everything? one last chance. HELP!
Somthing must be wrong with your phone hardware. Have you tried running without your memory card inserted. I had a friend with some probs with bad sectors on a memory card and that caused his phone to be laggy. Apparently he did a scan and repair and deleted the livesearch cache which is where a lot of the bad files were. That fixed it but this has happened twice over the past 3 months.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have to say that is pretty weird. MMikes rom has the cfc - compressed HD version, which along with maxed out buffers per the essentials thread should be faster then my version running on top of the stock rom - and mine keeps up with me just fine.

How much free mem do you have? You don't need a boatload, so adding common apps to the exclude list in HTC Task Manager will keep em in memory and really speed up switching. I have opera and email always loaded since I'm most often flipping between them, and (along with insane buffer settings) I still have 80MB+ ram free. More then enough

Or as suggested above, just disable it and run whatever you were running on your mogul. I hear that's nice too
Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Somthing must be wrong with your phone hardware. Have you tried running without your memory card inserted. I had a friend with some probs with bad sectors on a memory card and that caused his phone to be laggy. Apparently he did a scan and repair and deleted the livesearch cache which is where a lot of the bad files were. That fixed it but this has happened twice over the past 3 months.
i'll give this a try. i hope that thats the problem.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i just found THIS THREAD and was wondering how can one tell if the rom they are running is using these drivers. right now i'm on MightyMikes latest.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post

Try HD on your stock rom.....it is fast. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...517#post634517

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

downloading now. i'll give it a try. thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I still wish there was a good way to completely remove it from the rom though. I'm hooked on nue217 with the extra button mapping, but tf3d is like a virus that sinks its talons into every nook and cranny of the o/s. (dialer/vol/txt/ect..)
No Sir, I don't like it...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i HATE TF3d also...it is terrible...i suggest pocket plus 4...thats what i use...pm me and i can hook u up with the goodies

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro