PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57031)

Machinehead 02-11-2009 05:49 PM

Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishe (Post 707071)
I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.

I was thinking the same thing since I've been using WAD instead of TF3D and there are no manilla carryovers in that case.

delawaresace 02-11-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishe (Post 707071)
I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.

hhmmmm. thats good to know. that way i can use others roms and just uncheck tf3d. of course like stifiling said, why have two things installed that do the same thing. why have tf3d installed and taking up space when i won't use it.

dishe 02-17-2009 07:32 PM

Has anyone tried ThrottleLauncher on their VGA devices yet?

I never looked at it when I had a Titan because I was happy with Ultimate Launch, but this actually looks pretty damned cool. I'm wondering if the reason no one talks about it is that it doesn't run well on VGA... but then again, I don't see any threads talking about THAT either. Anyone have any experience with this?

racemepls 02-17-2009 07:40 PM

have you tried point ui yet? ive been using it for a couple of days and like it. Its pretty dummied down but runs as smooth as melted butter.

banzaiwolfe 02-17-2009 08:13 PM

You could always go with good old HTC Home :). I have a version linked in my sig.

biff441 02-17-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 702093)
I have to say that is pretty weird. MMikes rom has the cfc - compressed HD version, which along with maxed out buffers per the essentials thread should be faster then my version running on top of the stock rom - and mine keeps up with me just fine.

How much free mem do you have? You don't need a boatload, so adding common apps to the exclude list in HTC Task Manager will keep em in memory and really speed up switching. I have opera and email always loaded since I'm most often flipping between them, and (along with insane buffer settings) I still have 80MB+ ram free. More then enough ;)

Or as suggested above, just disable it and run whatever you were running on your mogul. I hear that's nice too ;)

Schettj,

Does HTC Manager work on the Mogul?

banzaiwolfe 02-17-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff441 (Post 719307)
Schettj,

Does HTC Manager work on the Mogul?

I'm not Schettj, but yes there is an HTC Task Manager for the Mogul. I believe it's built into the stock rom. It would be the drop down menu in the top right corner that lists what apps are running. (just in case you aren't sure what it is, I apologize if you know already). I could try to find the cab I used when I had my Mogul and installed a clean ROM if you don't have it.

dr g 02-17-2009 09:16 PM

Try the version of Manila that ruskiyab has inside his HD People tab port ... it sped up TF3D on my device significantly. (CFC version)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=28

As for the X button, that's a screen sensitivity issue, try boosting it and using TouchResponse for haptic feedback. Less propensity toward double-tapping things because you know the device registered the tap.

ncob96 02-17-2009 09:20 PM

I hate 3d, i have nothing but problems. now i havemighty mikes and when i goto use certain apps it tells me i do not have enough memory to run the program. I know there is a memoy leek how can i fix it?

biff441 02-18-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 719423)
I'm not Schettj, but yes there is an HTC Task Manager for the Mogul. I believe it's built into the stock rom. It would be the drop down menu in the top right corner that lists what apps are running. (just in case you aren't sure what it is, I apologize if you know already). I could try to find the cab I used when I had my Mogul and installed a clean ROM if you don't have it.

Bonzaiwolfe,

I haven't flashed my Rom yet. I'm trying to figure out what the best build would be for me and which Rom.

I have HTC's WM 6.1 upgrade and use the HTC TM so I'm sure I have it. Since you have a Mogul, what was the fastest and most stable Rom you flashed? I gave you a thanks for your post. I'm new at this so I am giving out lots of "Thanks."