PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57031)

Machinehead 02-10-2009 03:21 PM

Re: I Hate Hate Hate Tf3d

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 703979)
I still wish there was a good way to completely remove it from the rom though. I'm hooked on nue217 with the extra button mapping, but tf3d is like a virus that sinks its talons into every nook and cranny of the o/s. (dialer/vol/txt/ect..)
No Sir, I don't like it...

Install a rom without TF3D. Or build your own with a kitchen.

shaggylive 02-10-2009 03:39 PM

I'm soo tired of that answer. like I said i'm stuck on a rom that has unique features, that to my knowledge has yet to be available in any kitchen.
there are countless versions and tweaks of this app, but no one has ever posted a comprehensive way to disable everything tf3d. I fear I may have to do this myself, but I know very little about it.

delawaresace 02-11-2009 02:46 PM

well, i tried GC kitchen without the tf3d but it just doesn't feel right. i might as well have kept my titan. i'm trying MightyMike's new rom 4.9.5 and i'll try to install HD over it. i also found a thread talking about omni drivers that i would love to try, but you have to cook them in and i can't find an oem of them.

would changing the pagepool help? how would i go about doing that?

also i'll try pocket plus 4 and see how that is

stifiling 02-11-2009 02:48 PM

i removed it using erice's clean rom. it's one of those kirvin for the apache clean, or no2chem/dcd for the mogul clean type roms. where it's pretty much....nothing. Jus plain ole, default, regular windows mobile. and i love it like that. with over 100 cabs i have everything i need to dirty them up myself. a lot of people include oxios hibernate and pim backup in their 'clean' roms. i hate those. because to free ram i use quickmenu, and for backup i use sprite. i don't like having more then one program that does the same thing.

i do have three browsers though. but they have their three specialties in which one does somethings better then the others. so i pick between them based on what it is i'm trying to accomplish.

i also don't like tf3d. it's definitely beautiful. but so is the G1 and the Iphone. but it's also, ultimately 'wack' like them too.

I won't flat out call those phones wack though. jus doesn't compare to windows mobile. The Touch Pro for Sprint is the most superior phone u can buy in the US at this moment.

Isriam 02-11-2009 03:14 PM

i run 48mb pagepool and it eliminated almost all tf3d lag i was getting except for the music tab.

TreyBeno 02-11-2009 03:43 PM

Well i have to agree with the OP. Another option is to use UltimateLaunch. If u take the time u can configure it to look almost exactly like TF3D except u wont have the slider across the tabs. It wont slow down the system and you will have the flexibility of using your own plugins on the tab. This means more functionality and quicker and more precise access to ur programs. What do u have to lose? Try it and if that doesnt work just disable the darn TF3D.

chas123 02-11-2009 04:08 PM

I'm using Mighty Mikes latest with a 24meg pagepool and it's pdq. I don't use the music tab though. Spb mobile shell is another option. There are themes over on xda that look exactly like tf3d and real easy to install. The favorite contact page is a lot more finger friendly too. I have a theme and everything you need if you want it. PM me

dishe 02-11-2009 04:51 PM

I just wish there were a smooth alternative to build your own today on a VGA screen.
Ultimate Launch had a significant lag transitioning between screens. On QVGA it was great, but whatever video method it uses, its clearly NOT the 3D/2D acceleration that TF3d uses.

After using Manilla for a bit, I found it just as maddening as you guys do, however I have to admit that I can't bring myself to going with something that performs poorly afterwards.

gostars9 02-11-2009 05:14 PM

Mobile Shell 3.0 is going to be announced next week. Maybe it will be a great alternative to TF3D.

dishe 02-11-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 704015)
Install a rom without TF3D. Or build your own with a kitchen.

I'm fairly certain that as soon as you disable it from the today screen, it will no longer have an effect on the system.

The Home button tied to manilla, quirky Qmenu task switching, HTC Audio taking over the A2DP player... all that stuff about TF3D that drives me CRAZY stops when I disable it and reboot. Physical removal should not be necessary.