PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Missed calls. Please help with your 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
I have similar things happening in my house. What PRL are you on? I just updated to 60750 and we'll see if it fixes anything like the post above claims. I miss texts also (come WAY late),
I was on 60614 (or something like that), but just updated to 60750. I'm not too hopeful that will fix anything, though, since as far as I know, the PRL is just a list of towers and roaming agreement towers, and so unless there's a new tower in the area I doubt anything will improve. I don't think they've added any new towers around here since this is one of their "dark green" "excellent coverage" areas, and outside that's pretty much true (though inside, and especially in my pocket, the signal fluctuates a lot).
Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nonstop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Missed calls. Please help with your 2 cents.

I was missing calls (about 10-20%) and occasionally the voicemail indication wouldn't show up immediately. One time the voicemail didn't show up for 2 1/2 hours. Text messages could be anywhere from instant to hours late. I tried a hard reset, talked to advanced tech support who reset my account. I even took it to a Sprint store, they tested the radio and said it was fine.

I finally just got a new phone yesterday. So far the text messages are still unreliable, even the outgoing ones sometimes get to the person late so I'm pretty sure that's a network issue. I've tested the new phone and it hasn't missed a call yet but it happens infrequently enough I may just be lucky so far.

Prior to this I had a Mogul for over a year which very rarely missed a call and if it did the voicemail was always instant.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro