PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Missed calls. Please help with your 2 cents. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56055)

mikenerd 02-02-2009 10:28 PM

Missed calls. Please help with your 2 cents.

Trying to figure out the solution to this:

I seem to miss about 1 call per week (1 in 30 calls) on my TP (Sprint) in my house. There is no ring just my voicemail indicator coming on. I get the voicemail indicator within seconds of the caller leaving it. I don't feel like I ever look at my phone and see that I am out of range but the number of bars does fluxtuates quite a bit. Also, I have never dropped a call in my house. I have tried setting to automatic and sprint only and increasing my polling interval without any change. I called Sprint and they say all the towers are working in the area. Does this sound like a radio or network issue? Should I try flashing to a different radio? I have not flashed a radio before but have read the main TP radio thread. Any advice would help. Thanks

dan-htc-touch 02-02-2009 11:28 PM

Re: Missed calls. Please help with your 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 685522)
Trying to figure out the solution to this:

I seem to miss about 1 call per week (1 in 30 calls) on my TP (Sprint) in my house. There is no ring just my voicemail indicator coming on. I get the voicemail indicator within seconds of the caller leaving it. I don't feel like I ever look at my phone and see that I am out of range but the number of bars does fluxtuates quite a bit. Also, I have never dropped a call in my house. I have tried setting to automatic and sprint only and increasing my polling interval without any change. I called Sprint and they say all the towers are working in the area. Does this sound like a radio or network issue? Should I try flashing to a different radio? I have not flashed a radio before but have read the main TP radio thread. Any advice would help. Thanks

this sounds like a random issue, any fix suggested, may or may not help, updated radio's, better roms, try what you are willing to try, but don't expect results, just hope

mikenerd 02-02-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch (Post 685622)
this sounds like a random issue, any fix suggested, may or may not help, updated radio's, better roms, try what you are willing to try, but don't expect results, just hope

Just hope.... :(

I guess it is an excuse to try some flashing! I'll give it a shot.

Rusty Duck 02-03-2009 12:41 AM

The same thing happens to me at work where I have great reception. I just blame it on Sprint...

It might be the CDMA gremlins.... :)

bkhoste 02-03-2009 12:47 AM

Is there a way a caller can just leave a voice mail without your phone ringing? Kind of like a *69 to avoid caller id? Just a thought.

Unknown Zone 02-03-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkhoste (Post 685795)
Is there a way a caller can just leave a voice mail without your phone ringing? Kind of like a *69 to avoid caller id? Just a thought.

yes just dial 11 before the number as in 11-123-456-7890 and it go straight to v-mail I use it on my gf all the time, she works for the school district and is a nice way not to disrupt the office, she is also on sprint....i believe it is only for sprint to sprint.

Edit: voicemail will still say the number that left the message as normal unless it is a "unknown/private" caller.

11 is not a caller id block it is just a bypass to v-mail w/o the phone ringing.

Rusty Duck 02-03-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 685812)
yes just dial 11 before the number as in 11-123-456-7890 and it go straight to v-mail I use it on my gf all the time, she works for the school district and is a nice way not to disrupt the office, she is also on sprint....i believe it is only for sprint to sprint.

Thanks for the new tool... I guess one could use the 11 when they want to avoid a long conversation. :)

UBERG33K 02-03-2009 09:43 AM

I was having the SAME thing happening to me all the time. I receive quite a bit more than 30 calls in a week but was missing about 10% of them. That was until I updated my PRL (Preferred Roaming List) to the latest version.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=prl+60750

I have noticed the Update PRL feature doesn't update you to the newest version.
Since updating I receive ALL of my calls.

Hope this helps.

Anonymatt 02-03-2009 09:44 AM

I also notice a lot of missed calls when I'm at work. I tried switching radios, didn't really help. There's talk of using the stock dialer, since the HTC one supposedly is a bit slower, but that's not my problem (if I call, after the first "fake" ring, my phone will light up and start vibrating, then ringing, which is fine for me). I changed my SCI slot index (polling interval) and my priority #. Nothing seems to work.

I then looked at the ##DEBUG# info and saw that my signal will vary wildly, where my Rx power varies from -89 (good signal) to worse than -100 (poor signal), and I've also noticed that when my signal is worse than -100 I won't ever receive calls (even though it still reports a bar of signal), and when this happens, even after the signal improves to -90 or so (3 bars), calls still won't come in for a while (up to a minute after the "bad" signal, sometimes).

Someone mentioned that the Rx Ec/Io value (representing signal noise?) also needs to be low, and usually when I'm missing calls it is this value that is high (even when my Rx Power is decent)

kidmet 02-03-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymatt (Post 686170)
I also notice a lot of missed calls when I'm at work. I tried switching radios, didn't really help. There's talk of using the stock dialer, since the HTC one supposedly is a bit slower, but that's not my problem (if I call, after the first "fake" ring, my phone will light up and start vibrating, then ringing, which is fine for me). I changed my SCI slot index (polling interval) and my priority #. Nothing seems to work.

I then looked at the ##DEBUG# info and saw that my signal will vary wildly, where my Rx power varies from -89 (good signal) to worse than -100 (poor signal), and I've also noticed that when my signal is worse than -100 I won't ever receive calls (even though it still reports a bar of signal), and when this happens, even after the signal improves to -90 or so (3 bars), calls still won't come in for a while (up to a minute after the "bad" signal, sometimes).

Someone mentioned that the Rx Ec/Io value (representing signal noise?) also needs to be low, and usually when I'm missing calls it is this value that is high (even when my Rx Power is decent)

I have similar things happening in my house. What PRL are you on? I just updated to 60750 and we'll see if it fixes anything like the post above claims. I miss texts also (come WAY late),