PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: trouble with skyfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesola View Post
I just downloaded skyfire yesterday and was shocked at the poor resolution. I'll try the cab that you uploaded before I completely give up.

Is this part of the VGA/nonVGA discussed here? Or did I just get the wrong version?
Skyfire hasn't updated their browser to handle VGA yet so its still running at the original QVGA resolution. It looks horrifically blocky, but its the best (only actually) flash player that runs on WM. Plus hulu don't look all that bad once its running. I guess we'll have to wait till skyfire releases a completely new version. Hopefully it won't run too slow with 4x the resolution though.

The problem people were complaining about seems to stem from the fact that skyfire is reverting back to a smaller resolution and not stretching back, making it look like it takes up only half or so of the screen.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

ryu hayabusa is becoming a great contributor

skyfire lokks bad on the tplike thecleartype isnt turned on i think it has something to do with it, the cleartypeisnt picking up with that app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

yeah, I got that the others were having a different problem but I figured peeps in this thread could tell me about the resolution. Thanks.

How big of a difference are we talking in speeds, resolution, etc. between skyfire and opera (or similar) when streaming (like hulu)?

Buildin' my rep...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesola View Post
yeah, I got that the others were having a different problem but I figured peeps in this thread could tell me about the resolution. Thanks.

How big of a difference are we talking in speeds, resolution, etc. between skyfire and opera (or similar) when streaming (like hulu)?
As far as I know skyfire is the only program that can stream flash video off websites like hulu. There's speculation that there might be mobile versions of hulu soon, but nothing concrete so far.

The mogul used to be QVGA or (240x320) the TP is VGA which is (480x640). What skyfire is doing is basically quadruplicating (is that a word?) each QVGA pixel and converting it into the TP resolution so that it looks full screen instead of taking up only half or a quarter of the screen.

I watch like daily show and stuff during lunch break on my phone and it runs alright. Sometimes it skips and doesn't act very nice, but most of the time it's bearable enough to still enjoy the show. I probably wouldn't try to play anything more fancy than that.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

I guess I didn't realize that flash video wouldn't play in other mobile browsers, that sucks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro