View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: trouble with skyfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesola View Post
yeah, I got that the others were having a different problem but I figured peeps in this thread could tell me about the resolution. Thanks.

How big of a difference are we talking in speeds, resolution, etc. between skyfire and opera (or similar) when streaming (like hulu)?
As far as I know skyfire is the only program that can stream flash video off websites like hulu. There's speculation that there might be mobile versions of hulu soon, but nothing concrete so far.

The mogul used to be QVGA or (240x320) the TP is VGA which is (480x640). What skyfire is doing is basically quadruplicating (is that a word?) each QVGA pixel and converting it into the TP resolution so that it looks full screen instead of taking up only half or a quarter of the screen.

I watch like daily show and stuff during lunch break on my phone and it runs alright. Sometimes it skips and doesn't act very nice, but most of the time it's bearable enough to still enjoy the show. I probably wouldn't try to play anything more fancy than that.