PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Good protective cover for new TP owner?

I just did an online self-service defective device exchange for my Mogul which is having issues with its slider, and in the confirmation, they show that they will be sending me a Touch Pro (!!). The email confirmation I received says that I should have it within 2-3 days.

Anyhow...

I'd like to keep my new TP in pristine condition, but to do that I'll need a good cover for it. Preferably, I'd like the cover to provide protection when the keyboard is opened, and when it's closed.

What are my best options?

Thanks!

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 01-27-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Good protective cover for new TP owner?

You have couple options...

A - Commando style: adhesive films like Invisible Shield
B - Leather coat: pouch-style
C - Windcoat: Hard-case that snaps on
D - Big Easy: Soft gel-style silicone
E - Special Ops: Water-proof; Metal case; anything else that doesn't fit the above.

So which one are you?

Edit: For your requirements, I'd suggest these two:

Option 1

Option 2

Last edited by stevedusa; 01-27-2009 at 02:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post

E - Special Ops: Water-proof; Metal case; anything else that doesn't fit the above.

So which one are you?
I'd vote for (D), and if that wasn't a viable choice, then (A).

Can you drop the names of some of my options, and direct me to reviews of the covers?

Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I'd vote for (D), and if that wasn't a viable choice, then (A).

Can you drop the names of some of my options, and direct me to reviews of the covers?

Thanks again!
Check out those two links I added in my reply above, I think from what you asked for they fits nicely since they have a layer over the keyboard.

As for the silicone style gel? Well, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50467 , keep in mind that it's not a full or, quite complete protection, especially over the keyboard. But it's very flexible and easy to put on, doesn't create gaps between bottom and top like some bad hardcases do.

As for those clear films like Invisible Shield, there are many others like Ghost Armor, BestSkinsEver, I think there is a sticky thread about them somewhere.

Again, do a search on ebay for "Sprint Touch Pro case", be aware that GSM version of the case does NOT fit the Sprint or any other CDMA version of the phone so make sure it's designed for CDMA version before you buy it.

Also, Seidio makes good hard snap-on caes, www.seidio.com .
Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post

So which one are you?

Edit: For your requirements, I'd suggest these two:

Option 1

Option 2
Thanks for the links.

If my eyes are not deceiving me, it looks like the seller put a screen protector over the keyboard - I wonder how well that holds up to daily use - Not well, I'd bet.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Thanks for the links.

If my eyes are not deceiving me, it looks like the seller put a screen protector over the keyboard - I wonder how well that holds up to daily use - Not well, I'd bet.
It's not a screen protector over the keyboard. It's a thin piece of some sort of film that is part of the case. You simply slide your phone under it and that layer of clear film protects the keyboard.

I used to have a similar case for my good old Samsung i730, works alright and this should just well.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Carrier: Sprint

Rento_VW is just getting started

Don't get invisishi-... You will hate the texture, it just... no... If you think that's not enough to sway ya from them, than ordering fromt hem online will since they just FAIL at every aspect online, from getting orders right to customer service...

I have a BodyGaurdz, I like it.. however, the two pieces on the front are starting to accumulate pocket lint on the corners.. looks ugly... and the back 4 corners have like a bubble that will never go away...

Someone recommended the BSE kit, Best Skins Ever and I think I might use a combo between the two...

Reasoning for the BSE kit is because I hear the back doesn't bubble up in the corners like Body Gaurdz does... However... BSE skin doesn't protect the chrome all around as well as BodyGaurdz does...

BodyGaurdz for Sprint TP: http://www.bodyguardz.com/Sprint_Tou...nttouchpro.htm

Good price for 2 sets in the kit. Good quality, has a nice texture, not as grippy as the Invisishield, therefore sliding across the screen is smooth.

Pros:
- Comes with a pack of two for the same price as every other competitor
- Best all around chrome protection, precise cuts everywhere.
- Really nice smooth texture, love the feel.
- Lifetime Warranty, $5 "processing charge"
Cons:
- Top chrome strip on face is annoying... Could be user error on application, but have gone through 2.
- Back 4 corners have a bubble where the curved "stress" cut is, tried a rubber band on them to hold them down overnight. They popped back up after 10 mins...
- Could have a better "squeegee"

BSE (Best Skins Ever): http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...o-(CDMA/Detail

Apparently has the best back protection of the back for those of you with OCD. No Lifetime Warranty, lowest priced.

Pros:
- Best back cover, no bubbles...
- Best priced of them all.
Cons:
- Body/Chrome coverage is not as precise as BodyGaurdz.
- No lifetime warranty.

Ghost Armor: http://www.ghost-armor.com/htc/htc-t.../prod_153.html

I can't say much about these guys right now... but i've swayed away from them since they say they are about the same as BodyGaurdz. $25 gets you one set...

Invisishield if you insist:
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Think of this company as the iSheep of the clear protection world... It's the most comercialized company therefore will have a lot more users...

Pros:
- Lifetime Warranty
Cons:
- Priced the same as the others except BSE.
- Texture is horrible
- Turns yellow after a while
- Customer service is horrible
- Everyone and their mother owns an Invsibleshield.

Last edited by Rento_VW; 01-27-2009 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Added Links + some overviews...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

Lyman1 is keeping up the good workLyman1 is keeping up the good work

1.) Pocket PCTechs Clear WriteSHIELD
2.) Seidio Innocase Surface Combo - Black

I've used this combination with my i760 and xv6800,
and now have it installed on my xv6850.

The ultimate in device protection.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro