PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: charging all the time good or bad?

i tried that download even went back a few versions it will not install. says failed install.

other programs. i have .net 3.5 as it says so that's not an issue.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to albertan

The manual tells you to charge frequently and to use plug in power, when available, and you are using your cell for extended periods of time on the internet.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

stuck in operating room for extended periods of time but even around town will drop to 50% in a heartbeat

so I charge a lot and leave on charger when I can
Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

One theory I am putting to the test is when I am home all day I charge it to 100% then take it off the charger one reason for this is charging= heat. Though I am noticing since I got my new TP from Austronesian its staying at a constant 30c so probably doesn't matter anymore. I just wish they would make a battery that is the same size but 3k that would be awesome!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
One theory I am putting to the test is when I am home all day I charge it to 100% then take it off the charger one reason for this is charging= heat. Though I am noticing since I got my new TP from Austronesian its staying at a constant 30c so probably doesn't matter anymore. I just wish they would make a battery that is the same size but 3k that would be awesome!
fitting 3000mA cells into the space of 1350mA cell space would be a difficult task.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

lol.. How true Jugg
Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

They need to do more research and development on batteries. That or they should have made a longer battery that could have been a good 2k mah I coudl have dealt with a longer phone if it ment longer battery life. Maybe put a solar panel on the back as well so its constantly charging or something lol man the future will rock with wireless charging and when solar sales get 60% return on energy.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: charging all the time good or bad?

So I left the house with a full charge, went to dinner, let the kids play teeter and one other game for total of about 45 mins. received 2 emails and spent less than 2 mins on web. Got home to a 70% charge. Data connections disconnect after 20 secs so they don't stay on, and I have verified this by manually doing a send/recieve and watching the data connection switch to off.

I had 2 bars in an evdo area so why, why , why does my battery life suck so bad?

is there a program out there I can use to see if it's the phone or the battery that's an issue. something that tells me it's pulling 100mah an hour or only charging 300Mah not the 1A I would expect? anything.

I really don't want to have to take it back and get another just to find out it's normal for this phone. i checked the temp today on the battery, surface temp was 100 F after a 3 minute call that I received while it was on the stock charger. I removed it from the charger, answered the phone and then noticed it was warm to the touch, so I shot a surface temp and the case was 100F so the battery was likely warmer than that.

Do I need to take it back or is this normal???
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

From what I experienced...

When I first got the phone. Of course I was like "Umm, the battery is smaller than my Mogul's, and this is a way more powerful phone? I give it 2 hours."

Not to my surprise, the first month I was not impressed. Even though I keep it charged as much as I can. I noticed the juice goes faster under the same amount of usage when the signal is bad, however it can last a day.

So I took a trip to Kingman, AZ. There are no, I mean NO signal out there. My TP constantly going between roaming and such. By the time I unplug it from a full charge, 45 minutes is all it takes to give me a low battery warning as I scrambed to plug it in and charge it. That left a bad impression.

Then it was about half month ago, I decided to unlock the phone and put the Telus 1.04 Radio on it. What you know, improved battery life over all, even as bad coverage areas. Either that did the trick, or it's just the 3rd party ROMs and constant charge on the battery. Now when it runs on battery, it's WAY batter than when I first got it.

So I just ordered a huge, I mean HUGE 3,000 mAh battery with double-double sized custom battery door for it. How long is that going to last me? Not sure but 3,000 mAh is one heck of a power source compare to the stock battery.

In conclusion? Battery quality, signal quality and usage can have an affact on the battery. However as if you should keep your battery charged or no, I'd say charge it as much as you can, because you never know when it'll have a little vacation away from any power source wihle you cry about the low power warning.

Just my, dime (inflation).
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Hey dys... Try this app out....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro