PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide keyboard stopped working?

Anybody else notice this? If your keyboard stops responding, try pressing down on the part of the case beneath the space bar. Squeeze the case down there, pinching it and see if your keyboard starts responding again. That's what mine does. It actually seems like it might be a hardware issue (Possibly loose screws or something?) that's causing this keyboard issue. I got mine brand new from Sprint in December and it just started doing it this month.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deejayspyda is a n00b

I had this happen to 2 of my TP's. Its a hardware issue. The techs said the ribbon cable came loose that connected it to the keyboard. I had my fixed and 2 days later it went out again, went back to the sprint store and they gave me a new TP.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Merq is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Merq

I ordered my new TP (cause I had the same keyboard issue), the replacement came in, and the replacement had a water mark under the screen where there was no way possible for me to cause. Ordered ANOTHER replacement... and the keyboard is working fine. This is definitely a hardware issue. I'm betting they had a bad batch ordered in January. This makes 5 TP's I've been through with Asurion for various problems. Can't wait for the TP2.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Mine stopped working today, out of the blue. I didn't drop it or anything...it worked perfect this morning, then I tried it this afternoon and the keyboard is totally unresponsive. The caps and FN buttons will not light up, but the keyboard backlight still works fine, as does the screen flip. Does this sound like the problems you guys are having? I'm going to backup and try a hard reset...
Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

takimaki is a n00b

Strange....a hard reset fixed the problem! Although now the phone is a more sluggish overall...keyboard included. I guess its off to custom rom land.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wraithoftitan is a n00b

Yea my keyboard did stop working for me the other day so today i went in sprint store and they replaced the keyboard on my TP and now its working good. Hopefully it doesnt do that again
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker

gromnie is a n00b

I've never been so PISSED OFF in my entire life...

So my touch pro, got it December 23rd, what a great Christmas present...NOT.

For starters, I paid $600 dollars for something that honestly...I'd say my freaking centro works better.

So after months of a slow decline similar to what's been described here...huge amounts of keyboard lag, huge amounts of keyboard lag and then jumbled up incomprehensible letters, keyboard starting and stopping to work mitigated only by soft resets, AND TODAY the icing on the cake...the thing stops working completely in the middle of the work day, AWESOME.

Here's the catch though, I go to Sprint and they inform me that they can help me fix the keyboard but it will cost $120 for the repair since I don't have insurance....

BRO, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY! So they basically told me to take up the problem with the manufacturer which seemed unprofessional to me considering the website specifically requests warranty and repair issues go through Sprint.

I just tried the customer action link and it just referred me back to that same sprint store.

One problem is that i'm outside my 30 days...but i'm not going to pay Sprint when this is clearly a manufacturer defect and the phone is still under warranty.

I know many of you are in the exact same situation so I'm really just preaching to the choir.....but please let me just say:

HOW DID I PAY $600 FOR THIS PHONE AND I'M GOING TO END UP WITH A REFURB PIECE OF **** BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER SUCKS?

Seriously, if anyone has an escalation number at Sprint where I can talk to someone that isn't brainless....please PM me, because right about now, I'm about to go nuts on someone.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

takimaki is a n00b

gromnie, have you tried this link? https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y

apparently you don't even have to talk to a rep to do an exchange, this way...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gissentml is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to gissentml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady3089 View Post
hmm something weird is happening. One minute my slide keyboard is working, and then the next minute its not working. And now today its just totally not working. I haven't installed any new apps lately and I have not dropped my phone recently. I did a hard reset but my keyboard is still non responsive. Anyone else having the same problem?

just sent mine back in for another one. i had the same issue. not sure why that happens.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

butterflieq is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to butterflieq
Unhappy Re: Slide keyboard stopped working?

I just wanted to chime in here as well. I just got my new TP as a replacement for my Mogul on January 23rd. I was still feeling out the phone so I hadn't flashed it yet or anything like that. Added lots of tweaks and apps though. Long story short, it started acting weird after having it for 2 weeks. Like I would slide the keyboard out and type but the only thing I would see is a bunch of letters on top of each other in one single spot. If I pushed the keyboard closed then everything appeared normal. At this point, I had already noticed some lagging but nothing too extreme. I type faster then it can compute and had the same problem with my mogul so it's hardly noticeable. It remembers everything and catches up. A week after that, my spacebar seemed to only want to work every now and then. When it did work though it added like 20 spaces. A week later I am now with a dead keyboard. After multiple soft resets and hard resets nothing. I took it into the sprint store and they have another TP in route to replace this one. He said it's definitely hardware and not software. Hoping this won't become a routine to have to replace them. I just barely made it past the 30 day mark to replace it. So far I'm not to impressed unfortunately. If it happens again, going to see about getting another mogul or hopefully they will have something to replace it for us.

I can't type worth a crap using the on screen one sigh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro