View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
gromnie
Lurker

gromnie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide keyboard stopped working?

I've never been so PISSED OFF in my entire life...

So my touch pro, got it December 23rd, what a great Christmas present...NOT.

For starters, I paid $600 dollars for something that honestly...I'd say my freaking centro works better.

So after months of a slow decline similar to what's been described here...huge amounts of keyboard lag, huge amounts of keyboard lag and then jumbled up incomprehensible letters, keyboard starting and stopping to work mitigated only by soft resets, AND TODAY the icing on the cake...the thing stops working completely in the middle of the work day, AWESOME.

Here's the catch though, I go to Sprint and they inform me that they can help me fix the keyboard but it will cost $120 for the repair since I don't have insurance....

BRO, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY! So they basically told me to take up the problem with the manufacturer which seemed unprofessional to me considering the website specifically requests warranty and repair issues go through Sprint.

I just tried the customer action link and it just referred me back to that same sprint store.

One problem is that i'm outside my 30 days...but i'm not going to pay Sprint when this is clearly a manufacturer defect and the phone is still under warranty.

I know many of you are in the exact same situation so I'm really just preaching to the choir.....but please let me just say:

HOW DID I PAY $600 FOR THIS PHONE AND I'M GOING TO END UP WITH A REFURB PIECE OF **** BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER SUCKS?

Seriously, if anyone has an escalation number at Sprint where I can talk to someone that isn't brainless....please PM me, because right about now, I'm about to go nuts on someone.