PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bonneyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If your volume buttons stop working, check this

I wanted to post this because i've fought with my 3wk old TP for several days and nobody could help me, hopefully this will help someone else!

I recently installed .net framework 3.5 on my Touch Pro so i could install and use the weather database editor to add my city to the list. everything worked fine... UNTIL

sprint had a signal issue, i tried updating the weather but could not due to the outage in my area. no biggie, i figured i would wait till everything was restored and move on. i noticed after that point that i couldn't use my volume buttons anymore.

to be more specific when i pressed one of the volume buttons the screen would pop up with all the bars and tabs for system and phone, but when i pressed the button again, this screen would dissapear and my volume wouldn't change. i ran several different tests, scoured the internet to find a solution... i even called HTC tech support, nobody could or was willing to help me. i started by removing all of my programs i had installed, after i removed everything the problem was still there. i had to do a hard reset to fix the issue.

so let the lesson i learned be a lesson/warning for you. if you want to install the weather database editor, you need .net 3.5 but be warned you will not be able to control your volume using these buttons any longer.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: If your volume buttons stop working, check this

nope, that was an s2u2 issue

Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use/have used .net 3.5 and the weather database editor twice now without a hitch.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I use/have used .net 3.5 and the weather database editor twice now without a hitch.
I am using both right now & my volume buttons work just fine.

I did give up on s2u2 in the TouchPro after having nothing but trouble with it (it used to work fine in my Titan's)

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am using both right now & my volume buttons work just fine.

I did give up on s2u2 in the TouchPro after having nothing but trouble with it (it used to work fine in my Titan's)

~John
I love s2u2's concept and design but to many bugs concerning blutooth. I drive a truck for a living and BT is the only way to go for that. Back on subject, I am using both as we speak, no probs with volume buttons here. I think winmo is finicky and gets corrupted easy if you ask me. My TP can be running smooth as butter, then install a cab (not a reg edit cab) and have little glitches here and there.

I think we should call it......SAL-MANILLA.....when our TP's act up for no reason! Cause it just makes me sick!

Last edited by gator352; 01-09-2009 at 08:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The way that I worked around this is...

As you all may or may not know, my roms are built with the stock rom. So netcf 2.0 is installed and I leave that in. Then I install netcf3.5 with user customization.

Volume buttons work, and so does everything else. I haven't had time to see if which netcf2.0 file the htcvolume.dll needs, but when I find it I will post it. That is my mission for sunday...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bonneyt is a n00b

i guess it was just me... but keep in mind... all was well for me too, until i lost signal and got the error message. i don't know what that means exactally but that's how i got it to fail, and i was able to get it to fail 3 times the same way with only .net 3.5 and the weather database editor... i've never tried s2u2, looks kinda cool but i dont see any need for it

Last edited by bonneyt; 01-13-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

speck is becoming a great contributor

This thread came up when I searched for a resolution to the same problem.

My volume buttons don't work. Or rather, they work, as far as changing the lines on the 'system volume tab' -- they just don't actually change the volume.

I have stock rom. The only things I've installed recently were SpbBackup and AEB+ (but I have not mapped anything in it yet). I did have a lot of trouble with the SprintTV 'update', such that I can't currently use SprintTV at all. I can live without that for now but any suggestions on the volume?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

I had a similar issue on my Diamond after installing wow srs.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

Johnr1 is a n00b

I had the same problem BUT... all i needed to do to fix it was to uninstall both .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and .NET Compact Framework 3.5 via WM Device Center (on my laptop) and then i just simply reinstalled .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and all is well again.

I assume having .net cf 2.0 and 3.5 at the same time was causing program glitches.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro