PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Defect, anyone else have this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
I was just going to say that if you keep letting it get worse. It going to catch in your pocket and then rip the whole thing off.
You guys are right of course.

I really don't want to ruin my phone. I use a case & haven't had it catch onto anything. I usually use hard plastic holsters that keep the face of the phone to the inside.
I would never counsel anyone to keep something defective. The decision I made was for me....that's why I was concerned enough to make sure that my girlfriend's was perfect.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Mine is only VERY slightly raised. I don't think it's impacted performance so I don't worry about it. That one from the original poster's picture though definitely needs replacing.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Mine is only VERY slightly raised. I don't think it's impacted performance so I don't worry about it. That one from the original poster's picture though definitely needs replacing.

I am on my fifth TP and everyone before the one I have now had the raised home button to some degree but not quite as bad as the picture in the OP. I have heard some people say things like "well it's not that bad" or I can live with it" when it comes to some of the issues with the TP, I don't mean to offend anyone but for a phone with a $549 retail pricetag it should be perfect cosmetically. I know that some of the other issues with the TP are somewhat based on the faults of the OS. the guy I dealt with in the sprint store told me everytime I got a replacement that if I wasn't happy with my phone to just bring it back and exchange it, and I am way past 30 days.

This latest TP I have is as close to being perfect as it can be. This is a great phone with a great screen so don't settle for what are most deffently defects in build quality.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

If it affected functionality, I would certainly take it back, but it doesn't.

And I didn't pay anywhere near $500-$700 for it, so I'll go with the "devil I know."
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

damn mine looks just like the OP's. I came to do a search on "raised button"
Old 01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I got the FIRST phone delivered on Tuesday at 9:00am the day after they released it. It was screwed up but not that bad.

Mine looked like it had been dropped as the top left of the screen was rescessed. I sent that back and got a vogue... Then sent that back and got my current pro....

The keypad is still screwed up. Not as bad as first and not nearly as bad as yours.... When I press the green phone button it feels like it is "crunching." It never hits right the first time. Have to press it like three times to get it to work.... I could hit the button on the most extreme left corner andit will still act like I hit the home button! Yeah, HTC forgot to quality check these things for sure. Too bad we cany buy custom cases like we can for PC's.

But in all reality, Im not concerend about the keypad as my USB port being loose and always disconnecting keeps me distracted from the POS keyboard.

hahahaha (im laughing but I dont mean it. Consider this an ironic laugh)

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown13 View Post
I am on my fifth TP and everyone before the one I have now had the raised home button to some degree but not quite as bad as the picture in the OP. I have heard some people say things like "well it's not that bad" or I can live with it" when it comes to some of the issues with the TP, I don't mean to offend anyone but for a phone with a $549 retail pricetag it should be perfect cosmetically. I know that some of the other issues with the TP are somewhat based on the faults of the OS. the guy I dealt with in the sprint store told me everytime I got a replacement that if I wasn't happy with my phone to just bring it back and exchange it, and I am way past 30 days.

This latest TP I have is as close to being perfect as it can be. This is a great phone with a great screen so don't settle for what are most deffently defects in build quality.
Very well stated. This is B/S what we are going through. Did HTC have a bet that they could beat RIM in a race to get the phones out before XMas? One stipulation for the race... It dosnt have to work right? I mean come on...
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Super glue !! That will work! Naw....I'd be a ticked off puppy. Mine is a little raised but you can't notice unless you put your face to it....but raised that much, yeah I would return it till I got one that was perfect. For a 600 phone and the service you pay, I would think you have that right!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

AWESOME! Now that I read this post I looked at mine more closely... Yeah, its uneven. But NOTHING like the ops. Just a few MM's.

Thanks for ruining my day OP!!!! Just kidding.... heheheheh
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cat2k8 is a n00b

believe it or not but I am now on my 25th replacement of the HTC Touch Pro and this issue has been an issue for 24 out of the 25 replacements. could not tell with the 25th one due to me taking it back 2 min after geting it.

WARNING TO ALL HTC TOUCH PRO USERS..
All of the HTC Touch Pro's will have this issue..

I think that This Issue of the OP and others is an known issue that HTC Knew about but refused to keep it off the market due to RIM BB Storm coming out.

1.) - Ear & Speaker phone Speakers are Crap *CHEAP* (My SMT 5800 has better speakers in it)
2.) - Heats up
3.) - Battery Life is CRAP
4.) - Raised home button.

Anyone who is thinking about getting this phone do yourself a favor and skip this phone.

--
Open Message to HTC: RECALL THIS PHONE ASAP
AND FIX THE ISSUES NOW.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro