PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP for Free(Working soon!)

Update: Check out sprints press release, looks like we will be able to do this again mid-November.
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...107&highlight=
thanks cchris81 for the link...

There has been a lot of discussion on this but most likely this is no longer working, because sprint is no longer allowing this to be done.
However I am leaving all of the info up because after this cools down it may be possible again

Wow, there has been a lot of questions on this, and I couldn't find a good how to thread that has it all wrapped up in one post, so here it is, if you would like to link it in the TP essentials, that would be fine with me.

First thing you have to do is sign up with Phonefusion, and yes it is completely free.
Here is the LINK

Once you go through the procces of setting up, very easy, it will e-mail you your login and password, you then need go back to Phonefusion and log-in...
It says it will send the download link to your phone automatically, but I had to request it to be sent to me.

To do that, after you log-in, click on the "Fusion Voicemail Plus Destination" under the "Voicemail Options Plus" menu. Then scroll down and click, "send link"
After you get the Link, install it to your main memory...

Next thing you need to do is call the Sprint tier 2 tech Department at
1-877-654-9111 then press #2.....this is the awesome part, it takes you straight to the people who know what they are talking about

Then you tell them you need to change your voice mail # to 813-200-0200, yes everybody will use this number...

Next, tell them that they should have some options called No Answer, Busy, and Unavailable and they need to set them to CONDITIONAL, this is very important, if you have it set to unconditional you could get charged .20 a minute, so tell them Conditional, and then you are done!

Now enjoy your visual voicemail!!!

BTW THIS is where I found out about it, feel free to research it on your own...

EDIT: For those of you worrying about getting a charge, this is straight from the Sprint call forwarding policy...

"
Calls that are forwarded by default to voicemail or mobile messaging are not charged the standard $.20 per minute rate. Calls received when you set unconditional Call Forwarding (*72), Call Forward Busy (*74), and Call Forward No Answer (*73) are charged at $.20 per minute.
"

As I promised here are the Screenshots

And for those of you that need the VM cab, here you go
Attached Files
File Type: cab PF_VMPLUS_Windows_Current.cab (90.1 KB, 373 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by 04orgzx6r; 10-29-2009 at 12:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 21 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP

Got any screenshots?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll get them up later tonight or tommorow because I will have to edit out the #'s on my PC and then upload them
Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

audyo is just getting started

Does sprint charge you for any of this, almost too good to be true? I didn't even know this option was available. On Verizon forwarding was completely free with my plan, but this is the first time I have seen this for sprint? I miss callwave quite a bit.

thanks for the post,

Last edited by audyo; 01-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Yes, it's like a couple cents a minute (if I'm not mistaken).
Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Next, tell them that they should have some options called No Answer, Busy, and Unavailable and they need to set them to CONDITIONAL, this is very important, if you have it set to unconditional you could get charged .20 a minute, so tell them Conditional, and then you are done!
What you are describing here isn't 100% accurate. Having Sprint set your call forwarding to "Conditional" will still result in you being charged .20/min. From the way you wrote this, it seems you do not entirely understand the difference between conditional and unconditional call forwarding. Unconditional results in ALL of your incoming calls being forwarded to a specific number. Conditional results in calls being forwarded under certain conditions, such as busy or no answer. No matter which type is used, Sprint does charge for call forwarding. The only conceivable way you could get this to work without Sprint charging would be to have them go into one of their systems and change the default number that goes to Sprint voicemail. This is different than having them set call forwarding. I have spoken to two different Tier 2 tech support supervisors who have told me that it is against Sprint policy to change the default voicemail number. Yes, it can and probably has been done by some reps, but they are not supposed to. Therefore, your mileage may vary attempting to get this working for free.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC Evo™ 4G====>!!!
Carrier: The Now Network™

sbux_jae is just getting started

Although it is very enticing, I don't think it's worth $0.20 / min. I'll wait until Sprint wakes up and smells the coffee, because everyone else(if I can recall correctly...) has free call forwarding.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux_jae View Post
Although it is very enticing, I don't think it's worth $0.20 / min. I'll wait until Sprint wakes up and smells the coffee, because everyone else(if I can recall correctly...) has free call forwarding.
AT&T does, but not Verizon....If I'm not mistaken either.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
What you are describing here isn't 100% accurate. Having Sprint set your call forwarding to "Conditional" will still result in you being charged .20/min. From the way you wrote this, it seems you do not entirely understand the difference between conditional and unconditional call forwarding. Unconditional results in ALL of your incoming calls being forwarded to a specific number. Conditional results in calls being forwarded under certain conditions, such as busy or no answer. No matter which type is used, Sprint does charge for call forwarding. The only conceivable way you could get this to work without Sprint charging would be to have them go into one of their systems and change the default number that goes to Sprint voicemail. This is different than having them set call forwarding. I have spoken to two different Tier 2 tech support supervisors who have told me that it is against Sprint policy to change the default voicemail number. Yes, it can and probably has been done by some reps, but they are not supposed to. Therefore, your mileage may vary attempting to get this working for free.
Maybe I wasn't clear but I completely understand what is happening, let me restate........call forwarding, don't even mention it to the rep....
It is the same thing as your sprint voicemail, they just have to change the number. Your voicemail does this very same thing, do you get charged for it?

I believe clearly stated that you have to have them change the default voice mail number to 813-200-0200, the rep I talked to did not have a problem doing this, neither did the second rep when I called back to confirm the settings were correct....
I stated it the way I did because I wanted to translate the terms as easily as possibly to you guys and the sprint reps...

What happens on Sprints side is that they have to delete your default sprint voicemail service and they have to set up a new one.(don't worry because they can just redo it if you don't like it, I asked). Then they have to set up a new one going to the # 813-200-0200, when they do that, they have some options called No answer, Busy, and Unavailable, these have to all be set to Conditional because if they aren't then as you said, they will be automatically forwarded to that number, and for that you will get charged.
Don't ask me how, because I understand it is technically doing the same thing after it goes through Busy, unavailable ect....but something in there system recognizes that that is for voicemail and you DO NOT GET CHARGED...

SO yes this IS FREE AS LONG AS YOU Have it set up correctly!!!
However, try this at your own risk, it is free for me and many others who have set it up correctly, and even if they somehow mess it up, the most it is not like the charges are going to be outrageous, just make sure you call tem, have it credited back and then fix it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Short vesion, this is free the way I set it up but try it at your own "risk" ....

How do you think they do it on the instinct?

Different program same concept...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro