PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: verizon

terrycorkery is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!! Touch Pro screen not responding!!!!

My TouchPro touch screen stopped working a long time ago but I have found a way to get it working temporarily. There is an oily looking spot near the edge of the screen that, when touched, freezes the screen. I keep a small plastic suction cup (about the diameter of a dime) in my pocket that I depress onto that spot and pull up. The plastic screen surface pulls away from the oily spot and the screen unfreezes. If you don't have a suction cup, use a piece of tape; but be careful because tape sticks so well that it is hard to peel off without pulling the screen surface too hard and making the sensitive spot bigger.

I have found that putting the phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from my thigh often keeps that spot from being pressed. And if I need to tap a button near the bad spot, I slide the keyboard open to change the screen orientation so I can click the same button at a different part of the screen. But if the screen sticks, I pull the suction cup out of my pocket! I am hoping to keep limping along with this method till the LTE phones from Motorola, Samsung, and hopefully Apple, come out in June 2011.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

I discovered that if I press hard on the HTC logo, at the bottom of the screen, that the touch screen will work for a little bit. This is my first Touch Pro and I'm assuming I should exchange it instead of fixing it myself?
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

NRA_Bear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwpark View Post
I just got my phone to work when the same thing happened to me. I usually keep it in my pocket. Then one day it stopped working like most of you. Then I googled "htc touch pro screen not reponding" and I found this link:

HTC touch pro... touch screen has stopped working - FixYa

It says to jam your fingernail along the side of the screen as if you're trying to pry off the screen protector (even if one doesn't exist) and then IT WORKED!!! Try it and you'll see if you still have your phone. This post is old but you never know.
Well, I'll be damned if that didn't work Ran my fingernail around the sides and was disappointed that I got nothing. Then I ran my fingernail around the harder to get into corner at the top right and BINGO! Thanks for saving me some frustration until the Bionic or SGII comes out.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA_Bear View Post
Well, I'll be damned if that didn't work Ran my fingernail around the sides and was disappointed that I got nothing. Then I ran my fingernail around the harder to get into corner at the top right and BINGO! Thanks for saving me some frustration until the Bionic or SGII comes out.
why not get the trophy?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwpark View Post
I just got my phone to work when the same thing happened to me. I usually keep it in my pocket. Then one day it stopped working like most of you. Then I googled "htc touch pro screen not reponding" and I found this link:

HTC touch pro... touch screen has stopped working - FixYa

It says to jam your fingernail along the side of the screen as if you're trying to pry off the screen protector (even if one doesn't exist) and then IT WORKED!!! Try it and you'll see if you still have your phone. This post is old but you never know.
This just saved me a ton of frustration! I was about to try the rice trick because my phone had been lost for 3 days - 2 nights in below freezing weather each night. Tried the fingernail trick (actually used one of those store loyalty cards I keep on my keychain because my nail was too think). Ran it along all the edges and "Euraka!" the screen works. Huge thanks to paulwpark and FixYa.com!!

MWTech48 - XDA and PPC Geeks :: Badger48 - TeamUSCC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro