PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7
Re: Will HTC give us an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by andranic View Post
Well i finally caved and did a rom update on the phone. After havingthe phone lock up on me 4 times since this morning. It is running alot faster but its still not great. Hopefully as time passes more people will be able to fix many of these issues
Is this your first windows mobile device? The reason I ask is because there may be things about your device that you do not know yet that might be helpful in keeping it from locking up.

These are pretty much common knowledge around here but since you are new, here are a couple.

1. X button does not close apps it minimizes them. This can be changed in the settings area of your phone or by hitting the square in the top right hand corner of your screen from tf3d and then clicking the wrench. Then click button and end programs by tapping x. If you want to leave it the other way tapping x minimizes while holding x closes. I prefer tapping and if there is something that I want to minimize I will just hit the hang up key or home key.

You should close apps as they are using up your memory. Somethings are okay left open for instance if you get a lot of text messages, leave it open no big deal, bu there is no need to leave Opera, google maps and who knows what else open. This could be part of the problem. Also if something is open that square that I talked about earlier shows running programs.

2. How long are you going without a soft reset (power cycle)? On older devices people used to say soft reset once every day. I do not do that now but I am probably not a power user. I think the reason is that when you close and app there is still some bit of memory tied up with it so soft resetting the device frees this up. I am just going to assume that you know how to soft reset.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
what exactly is gps lag?i'm asking because i've never had problems with getting a lock unless i'm in the basement of a building.
The GPS lag is not a matter of lock time but lagging behind you while driving.. For instance you turn a corner and several seconds later your gps program turns the corner. It drives me crazy!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Could have sworn there was a minor update for the 6800 within a month or so of its release. Could be akin to them fixing some issues with TouchFLO and Voice Command on the Touch Pro.
There was a minor update put out for the Pro, there's a new rom that fixes the OTA activation issues.

Fixing touchflo is easy, change a registry key to give it more ram, don't even have to wait for HTC on that. Voice command works for me, so I'm not sure what to say about that.

The fix for the mogul was the fact that the data connection was never closing, even after saying it was.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
There was a minor update put out for the Pro, there's a new rom that fixes the OTA activation issues.

Fixing touchflo is easy, change a registry key to give it more ram, don't even have to wait for HTC on that. Voice command works for me, so I'm not sure what to say about that.

The fix for the mogul was the fact that the data connection was never closing, even after saying it was.
I have no issues with TouchFLO, but it does have a few minor crash-related bugs and some people claim it's very slow. As for Voice Command, it doesn't announce incoming calls. That has yet to receive an official fix.

And I'm not talking about fixes that WE can manually apply. I'm talking about official fixes from the manufacturer that are available to the 99.5% of the market for this phone who knows nothing about these forums and wouldn't dare edit the registry or install custom ROMs. THOSE people need ROM updates.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andranic View Post
I think something coming from the manufacturer is always better ( if it fix's all the issues that the phone has). I know many people would disagree but that's my opinion on the matter
Custom cooked Roms are far superior than OEM roms. They will always be. Being that HTC is out of touch with their customs that is. I find that the Stock ROM had too many issues for me, so i flashed. You get more features, and speed things up

plus eRice roms pwns*
Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
The GPS lag is not a matter of lock time but lagging behind you while driving.. For instance you turn a corner and several seconds later your gps program turns the corner. It drives me crazy!
Right, this is what I am referring to as well. I can pass the street I am supposed to turn on and the GPS will having me passing the street as I pass the next one. As you can imagine, this gets frustrating in areas I'm not familiar with.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Right, this is what I am referring to as well. I can pass the street I am supposed to turn on and the GPS will having me passing the street as I pass the next one. As you can imagine, this gets frustrating in areas I'm not familiar with.
What gets me is that they had it working perfect in the mogul and proceeded to ruin it for the Touch Pro. I hate this taking steps forward then falling backwards crap.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
What gets me is that they had it working perfect in the mogul and proceeded to ruin it for the Touch Pro. I hate this taking steps forward then falling backwards crap.
agreed.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

whats the best thread to get up to speed on roms, should i flash my rom, where do you start?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

pretend you know nothing about custom/cooked roms, where do you start?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro