PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Hibby's Idea! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT AN IDEA! As you may know the Pro's D-Pad is one big clickable plate relying on capacitive touch to tell it where you are pressing. There are 3 areas:

[ ]o[ ]

The 2 rectangular ones are virtually divided to make 2 virtual buttons (home/talk and back/end).

[-]o[-]

BUT! What is preventing an app from doing this:

[=]o[=]

Why can't we create a 3rd virtual button? The whole plate is depressing so in theory we could add a "button" on each side by adding another split in each capacitive area.

Thoughts? Developers? Speak to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg step 1 my idea.jpg (11.3 KB, 147 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg step 2 my idea.jpg (6.4 KB, 107 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg step 3 my idea.jpg (8.7 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg step 4 my idea.jpg (9.0 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hibby50; 12-30-2008 at 08:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Hibby's Idea! !!!!!!!!!!!!

huh? i'm so confused...
Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

crap... I hope it is just you
Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

They now sell crack in schools? haha i am not following either.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

i'll try and read it over again and find out what is so confusing

EDIT: there i deleted the lil blurb ontop
Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

in theory, i can see what you are saying, but i think it would get to be a troulbe tryting to get the entire think mapped out and everything.

you are saying add another key so that we could assign shortcuts to there so that it would be used.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started

No idea what's going on. "There." What do you mean there? I'm not understanding what the symbols mean except that the o is the center button and that the []'s are on the left side the home/call and back/end button.

do you mean if we press both buttons at the same time to get a third?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

then the - is the virtual line dividing those two and the = is dividing it into an extra virtual area
Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

What language is Hibby speaking?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

im so confused, lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro