PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cbrown1388 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro not ringing for incoming calls

I have the same problem now. When i am in my house I can not get any incoming calls or texts. I can only get texts and voicemails if i make an outgoing call. I can talk to numerous people about getting a replacement phone because I recently got this from the sprint repair shop. They are tell me its not the phone it is the network. Technical support says the opposite. If it was the network I wouldnt be able to make calls, use internet, o get texts and voicemail when i make an outgoing call. If there is any new info please help me.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

Im having this same exact issue as we type.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jc8320 is a n00b

i had mine replaced because of this issue. Replacement phone doesn't miss calls as much.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rich_e is just getting started

Update 11/04/10: Just change the radio! I put the Verizon Radio on and it's been working great! Texts and calls come in no matter if I'm roaming or not.
-------------------------------------------------
I just got my TP about a week ago and I've been going nuts trying to solve this problem. I did everything from a hard reset to calling Sprint CS and requesting a re-provisioning. I was about to give up and just get another phone until I went all the way through this thread.

I've had great success receiving calls while roaming by setting the "Preferred Mode" (in EPST > Modem Settings) to CDMA Only. Text messages are working great too. After searching a bit more I found a thread (which I failed to bookmark - sorry) with info on how to tweak the registry to show the Mode of Operation option under Settings > Phone > Services. The option allows you to select Hybird (default) EVDO only or 1x Only. Choosing 1x Only is the same as selecting CDMA Only in EPST.

Here's the Reg Key:

Change the option HiddenPreferenceMode from 1 to 0 in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Accessing and using the HiddenPreferenceMode is much better than going through the EPST, you don't need your MSL and you don't need to soft reset after every change.

This method has worked for me as long as I remember to set the phone to 1x Only before jumping in my car. When I get to work, where I have good Sprint/EVDO reception, I switch it back to automatic. At home, I'm roaming on Verizon/Alltel and the phone will only ring if I force it to 1x. This really hasn't been too much of a problem as I usually take a moment to start bluetooth so I can use my hands free in the car (anyone got a fix for voice dialing yet?). I did find a shortcut to turn bluetooth on/off from the start menu, it would be great to find one that would set the Mode for me too.

I'm really enjoying my TP now and want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, and this to this forum. =D>

Last edited by rich_e; 11-04-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Found a better way
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro