PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell xps
Carrier: Sprint

jmschmitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro not ringing for incoming calls

Looking for suggestions on what to try next to resolve my phone not ringing and then not showing a missed call when someone calls. When this occurs I sometimes get a voice mail right away if they leave one, and other times once I make an outgoing call I will receive the voice mail notification. This does not happen every time, I can call my phone from another phone and sometimes it will ring and sometimes it will not. It is a total random thing. I have gone to Sprint and they have so far been unable to help me, they have ran all the tests they know to run and say everything looks okay. Sprint can not duplicate the issue. I also have issues with receiving text messages, sometimes they come in five hours later and sometimes they come in after I make an out going call. This is not a network issue as some will say, I have had other windows mobile phones and they do not act the same. My husband has the Mogul and does not have any issues with the phone not ringing/not showing missed calls. I have hard reset my phone, changed my priority on the tower to 2 and changed my slot interval to 0 with little to no affect. Please if anyone has any ideas or possible fixes I am open to try anything!

Last edited by jmschmitz; 12-30-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

tumtum101 is just getting started
Re: HTC Touch Pro not ringing for incoming calls

I've had the same things happen no my Sprint TP as well. I hope someone can get to the bottom of it. Are you using a custom or stock rom?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

How long have you have the phone? Did you happen to do a hard reset yet? I was having a simmilar problem like you describe and a hard rest did the trick.....well at least I have not had the issue anymore...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

I was thinking mine was from bad reception in my house, sometimes it rings sometimes it doesnt. When it does ring, it takes a good 2 secs to play the ringer.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jmschmitz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
How long have you have the phone? Did you happen to do a hard reset yet? I was having a simmilar problem like you describe and a hard rest did the trick.....well at least I have not had the issue anymore...
I have had the phone for around two months. I have done a hard reset (several times) and the missed calls and delayed text messages continue to happen.

Last edited by jmschmitz; 12-30-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jmschmitz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
I was thinking mine was from bad reception in my house, sometimes it rings sometimes it doesnt. When it does ring, it takes a good 2 secs to play the ringer.
In my case it does not appear to be a network/reception issue, it happens when I have EVDO coverage, full bars, no bars one bar. It doesn't seem to discriminate. My husband has the HTC Mogul and can get calls just fine sitting next to me, and I cannot. I could leave my phone in the same position call 15 times and only two times it will ring, then five minutes later do the same test and it will ring 12 times out of 15. I have had other phones and none of them had this issue. It is so frustrating! I love the phone other than this ONE BIG PROBLEM~

If the two seconds it takes to ring bothers you, you could look into changing your slot cycle (the amount of time it takes for your phone to poll the tower) this should help with that delay. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc2
Carrier: spr8n

ocp1 is a n00b

I have this problem also on my third phone and still happens, My older a900 never had this issue, I always got calls on it . If the new one that they are sending still gives me the missed calls problem might just return the pro.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc2
Carrier: spr8n

ocp1 is a n00b

O ya i tried all those tweaks and all.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

workindev is a n00b

My Sprint Touch Pro is doing the same thing. It's like it sometimes will just drop off the network on it's own. Any calls will not ring on the phone and the caller will get voicemail. I will not get a missed call notification, and there is no record of the call on my phones call log.

The next time I make a call (could be hours later) it will suddenly realize that I have a voicemail and I'll get the voicemail indication chime.

It does the same thing with text messages occasionally. I'll suddenly get 4 or 5 messages that were sent hours or even days ago.

From this thread, it seems I'm not the only one seeing this. Has anybody else been able to get any resolution on this problem?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

This is pretty much the behavior my phone exhibits. It is like it just decides to drop off of the network, but I definitely have noticed that it tends to happen more when I have "poor" signal (which makes sense), though this is often hard to calculate, as I'll have (according to the ##DEBUG# info, as well as the bars) a good signal when looking at my phone, but it seems that my pockets must be lined with lead, since I'll drop from 3 bars to 0 bars just by keeping my phone in my pocket. I've tried to get into the habit of taking my phone out of my pocket whenever I am sitting down in certain "problem areas", but that's annoying to do, and something I never had to do with any other phone (though my prior phones were all on Verizon, while this is on Sprint, but I have the same issues even when I force my phone into roaming).

What doesn't make so much sense is that my phone can be in the EXACT same spot, like you said, and I'll sometimes receive the majority of calls, and sometimes I won't receive any of the calls. Also, sometimes the signal/noise will fluctuate a lot, and in that same spot the Rx Power and Ec/Io values will change a lot. I hope there's a fix for this soon, but I doubt there will be.

EDIT: Also, it seems like when I miss a call, if they leave a voicemail, I will usually get that voicemail instantly, even though my phone never registered an incoming call. It is almost like Sprint (or the Touch Pro) is intentionally ignoring an incoming call (perhaps due to low signal) but that the signal is strong enough to send the Voicemail notification

Last edited by Anonymatt; 02-23-2009 at 08:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro