PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Movie Playback Choppy on Pro..

The new coreplayer takes whatever I throw at it and play it flawlessly! No skipping or loading. Only had one problem in it was with a MKV file

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rihavens is a n00b

Looks like that will wait until after christmas. Thanks.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-21-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Try this video - MP4 format - in Windows Media Player. http://keepvid.com/save-video.mp4?ht...Nof%26fmt%3D18 For me, it's completely flawless; jawdroppingly smooth. It looks amazing. If it's choppy on yours with nothing else running, perhaps something is wrong. I should say that I do indeed believe that some videos play more choppily than they should, but that one shows it can do perfectly.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i totally agree i posted a similar sentiment in the big graphics issue thread and was dismissed and labeled a "HTC appologist" (of course). I said the same thing, its all about proper encoding for the device and if you do it right then the playback is butter smooth. I too have zero issues with perfectly smooth playback of full movies in tcpmp/coreplayer. But people want something to harp about so they dismiss the logical answer for the common HTC screwed us with drivers routine which will get them nowhere except more gray hair like last time with zero results.
So true and what I have been saying all along too.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

I was personally hoping for some better performance on the TP compared to older PPC's but was dissapointed when I couldn't even play some standard movies on it without some slight lag. I would like not to have to convert a video, that's one of the reasons I got this device - so I could watch some videos without conversion but that doesn't seem possible for most of my recent videos. Granted I am extremely pleased that it was able to play one of my recent animes I threw at it (Vampire Knight Guilty) so I know I won't have to convert that, but all other high-res ones are a no-go
Old 12-22-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post
I was personally hoping for some better performance on the TP compared to older PPC's but was dissapointed when I couldn't even play some standard movies on it without some slight lag. I would like not to have to convert a video, that's one of the reasons I got this device - so I could watch some videos without conversion but that doesn't seem possible for most of my recent videos. Granted I am extremely pleased that it was able to play one of my recent animes I threw at it (Vampire Knight Guilty) so I know I won't have to convert that, but all other high-res ones are a no-go
Did you expect to lay an entire DVD on your SD card? If not, conversion is the only way so I am not understanding your statement. All the movies I have play just fine and I use SPB Mobile DVD.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Did you expect to lay an entire DVD on your SD card? If not, conversion is the only way so I am not understanding your statement. All the movies I have play just fine and I use SPB Mobile DVD.
Most DVD Rips can come out at about 700mb, I can fit that :/ I just hate wasting time with conversions but I just need to find a good converter (even with my Quad Core I'm impatient )
Old 12-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro

detarx is a n00b

That's weird my quad rips movies in 5 to 7 minutes.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post
Most DVD Rips can come out at about 700mb, I can fit that :/ I just hate wasting time with conversions but I just need to find a good converter (even with my Quad Core I'm impatient )
That rip is still a conversion It's no longer in the standard DVD format so it was converted...unless you only pulled out the menu and additional languages and even then, the TP won't play a native DVD format. It still must be converted to avi or what ever the case may be. Anyway, TCPMP is what I use to watch my movies and SPB Mobile DVD is what I use to convert them. My files are between 300 and 700 depending on the movie and what ever. My movies play smooth as a babies butt. I guess I can contribute that to Juggalo's rom since it seems like everyone else is having issues .... /shrug

Last edited by aceracer24; 12-22-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rihavens is a n00b

Okay, for the moron.

Lets say I have a home movie .avi video around 700mb on my computer. If I wanted to play this movie of my sons high school graduation for family off my phone for christmas what would I have to do / use to get this going? I assume I would need something to reduce the file size, and some kind of player for my phone. As its the holidays the cheaper I can do this the better.

Links help the slow guy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro