PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Make sure your location is set to ON. And also if this is your first time installing this fix. I would take your phone outside and get the locks that way. Use QuickGPS it works really good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Just read over at Engadgetmobile that the Cruise has software called FootPrints. Integrated geotagging software built into the phone. Whats the possibility that someone has already pulled this and is working on it for the TP?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewild1 View Post
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAAA AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667

GPS Tracking that works with your HACK!
Helll yes..

PS.. F U VERIZON! Greedy bastards that screw up a perfectly working phone with GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.................................................. .... lllboredlll
.................................................. ........is my HERO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
Just read over at Engadgetmobile that the Cruise has software called FootPrints. Integrated geotagging software built into the phone. Whats the possibility that someone has already pulled this and is working on it for the TP?

there is your answer and it works I run a few tests with it

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

mongoose0318 is becoming a great contributor

I apologize in advance if this has been asked, but is there any way to keep the gps on (say Google maps running and downloading data) but completely turn off the screen to save battery? If I hit the button on the top of the phone, it turns off the screen but also goes into a semi-sleep mode where the gps seems to stop tracking. I want the phone to act exactly as if it was on, but just completely turn off the screen and even better the touch sensitivity unless a button is pushed.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

In your battery settings you can uncheck the option to "turn off device if not used for *** " and just leave it set to turn off the backlight.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

any news on the next version? thx
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think bored has agps working.. But is trying to figure out a way to get it installed easy without us messing our phones up.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdegroot is a n00b
Question Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I'm hoping someone can help me out of this jam:

I have a Sprint TP and have been using it on Verizon's Network for the last 2 months successfully. But the GPS never worked, or at least never worked well. A couple of days ago, I decided I had some time to sink into my phone so I started doing some work on it. I began by installing this GPS fix. Then, I almost immediately proceeded to flash a new ROM (GC's 1.2.0). The device was in great shape at the end of one long night. GPS working, EVDO working, very fast ROM. I was happy. When I woke up the next morning, I discovered that for some reason I was having a significant bug with tmail.exe. It would not allow me to open a message or begin a new message. So, I began to re-flash new roms on my once perfectly-function device and now it's a bit of a mess. Over the last 2 days I have been flashing between GC's Kitchen ROMs, SSK Kitchen Roms, Leaked Verizon stock ROMS, etc. I have also restored backups from SPB Backup. At one point in the process, I found that one of the re-flashes had cleared out all my Verizonizing EPST DMR settings and reset my MSL Key to the stock sprint one.. And now, I can connect to the ZVW network to make voice calls and SMS, but I cannot connect to data (1X or EVDO). Argh! Plus, to make things more complicated, I still need to resent my HA and AAA Shared Secret values before I will be able to get on 3G, so I'm set in CDMA Only to try to lock onto 1X and get an automatic DMU update. Needless to say, I feel like I'm just digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole.

As it stands right now, I just flashed back to Verizon Stock using the original leaked exe: RUU_Raphael_C_VZW_WWE_1.03.605.4_Opera2392_RS_6150 21_VZW_1.03.03V_1.46_51064_Ship.exe
I did *228 option 3. Even after that, I was still sitting in a sprint 1.47_003 PRI. I just ram the Bored Fix and PPST and now I'm running a 1.46_002 PRI and a 51143 PRL. Still, I cannot connect to data.

Please help get me back on track here! WHat should I try next? Whether it involves flashing new roms, changing QPST settings, updating PRLs, *228-ing, whatever, I just am not sure how to move forward.

And I'm trying to get ready in time to flash SSK1.2!

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I finally broke down and called Verizon. I didn't tell them I was on a Sprint Device, just that it was a Touch Pro. They were totally baffled by my ESN not showing up in the database, but still were willing to work on it with me and we fixed it. They had to give me a new Authentication Key (A-KEY in EPST) and then I had to set EPST Modem Setting to CDMA Only Mode so that I could connect to 1X and automatically download new HA and AAA Shared Secret values. Then, I entered in my #777 username and password and connected to 1X. I changed back to Automatic Modem Mode and soft reset, and I'm rocking and rolling with EVDO. I loaded the new PRL and I'm working 100% with Data and GPS. Woohoo!

Last edited by jdegroot; 01-23-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850 / TP

viper_iii is a n00b

Followed instructions and first post... should have reset after running the htc GPS tool.

Once I reset gmaps and live maps needed settings to com 4 and 4800 where applicable but wow.. they all work!

Now I just need a trail map for when I'm offroad in my car. put in plane mode (no radio right) and only gps should work! (save the batt hopefully even will be plugged in)
Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_iii View Post
put in plane mode (no radio right) and only gps should work! (save the batt hopefully even will be plugged in)

Correct and confirmed by me long ago ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro