PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face XV6850 Teardown - Bottom half complete with 7 meg Pics

Please father out though in heaven, pease do not let me get flamed for this!!!!

But I feel this is a good addition to the thread for those interested....

But if I am way wrong just tell me. Flame if you want. i can take it. I think its funny ;c) hehehehe I love sarcasm!

But here goes.....

I tore down the VZW pro if you guys want the pics to add to this thread by all means take them. Prolly should ave just uysed this thread but I wasin the upgrade forum and posted there. My bad!

I only have the bottom half done. Was getting hit with PM's asking for 6.5 ROM so I stopped the teardown so I could post one.

Guess what, the memory chip is differnt and I am looking for some help to identify what I am seeing. Please take a look if you know how to read. I googled and found nothing. That does nothappen to me very often... at all... ever. I mean one single link and it was too a site that sells reprogramming units.

Also, would there even be any value in doing the top half? I dont think there would be much more diff besides the RAM and Processor, right? Or should I just take it on down anyways?

My teardown thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54819

Sorry I just had to do it to see for myself. I also would like help determinign if there is any FM radio that is just locked. Any takers helping me find out?

EDIT: Afterlooking at the pics you all have I relaize that the cover on the back is not just a heet shield of sorts so I need to tear that off tommorow. Looks like my answer to FM may be there....

But you can still flame me if you would like ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-26-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: CDMA Touch Pro Teardown!!

dont worry noone is gonna flame you. post all the information you can!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Good info scr!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I think I found the FM radio.... Not sure I thought that the pics here showed it htough? It was late at night. Will look again. Need to up the back side pcs... Looks teh exact same so I have hope but too tired from being up all night last night. hehehe

Thanks for the support. Some people dont like mxing in threads like this.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

That would be great... Now we need a tear down for the diamond and compare physical differences...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

DAMBRO24 is a n00b

So nothing yet huh boys,,,this is like a cold case..lol
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

any manufacturing info of the fm chip?
----------Priceless ----------
Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

It is integrated with the bluetooth chipset.. It is a Texas Instruments design...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: I Found The Fm Chip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Look at the attached image fm1.jpg origional unzoomed and zoon in on it.
Look at the attached image fm2.jpg I cleaned it up and extracted the chip.

!!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

freaKs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to freaKs

Now thats some quality H2o right there ... Thanks for the hard work man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro