View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 AM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face XV6850 Teardown - Bottom half complete with 7 meg Pics

Please father out though in heaven, pease do not let me get flamed for this!!!!

But I feel this is a good addition to the thread for those interested....

But if I am way wrong just tell me. Flame if you want. i can take it. I think its funny ;c) hehehehe I love sarcasm!

But here goes.....

I tore down the VZW pro if you guys want the pics to add to this thread by all means take them. Prolly should ave just uysed this thread but I wasin the upgrade forum and posted there. My bad!

I only have the bottom half done. Was getting hit with PM's asking for 6.5 ROM so I stopped the teardown so I could post one.

Guess what, the memory chip is differnt and I am looking for some help to identify what I am seeing. Please take a look if you know how to read. I googled and found nothing. That does nothappen to me very often... at all... ever. I mean one single link and it was too a site that sells reprogramming units.

Also, would there even be any value in doing the top half? I dont think there would be much more diff besides the RAM and Processor, right? Or should I just take it on down anyways?

My teardown thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54819

Sorry I just had to do it to see for myself. I also would like help determinign if there is any FM radio that is just locked. Any takers helping me find out?

EDIT: Afterlooking at the pics you all have I relaize that the cover on the back is not just a heet shield of sorts so I need to tear that off tommorow. Looks like my answer to FM may be there....

But you can still flame me if you would like ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-26-2009 at 05:00 AM.