PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Laggy Keyboard Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3akoutyamind View Post
you guys ever try emptying your "deleted items" in the text messages folders and see the difference from having 150 texts to 0 ??? works for me
My deleted items are always empty, and I still experience lag. Good idea, though.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
u talking the first character of the text? or first of every word?
either way i have lag lag lag
Open up a new txt. type in 1 letter or number, and then at the top of the screen you should see the 1/160 pop up. After that, get ready, get set, GO!

PS I tried deleting my txts last night, I could only delete 50 at a time OMG! hahaha I wanted to keep txts from 1 person and del from the rest. But wtf man i tell ya. Took for ever!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Open up a new txt. type in 1 letter or number, and then at the top of the screen you should see the 1/160 pop up. After that, get ready, get set, GO!

PS I tried deleting my txts last night, I could only delete 50 at a time OMG! hahaha I wanted to keep txts from 1 person and del from the rest. But wtf man i tell ya. Took for ever!
There's a regedit that allows you to delete more at a time... I couldn't find it with a simple search. If I come across it, I'll let you know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
There's a regedit that allows you to delete more at a time... I couldn't find it with a simple search. If I come across it, I'll let you know.
Advanced Config also has it under Messaging.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

Quote:

uhh if your using threaded sms it is quite easy. slide out your keyboard and hold the shift key and select from the top to the bottom (this will select all), then hold down ctrl and select the sms that you wanna save (this will de-select the already selected txt)
now all your txt are selected except for that one you want to save. and now just delete.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

there are pay for use programs. and there are certain cab files floating around for free programs that may be older but still working and a good replacement. im using the palm messaging app myself and i dont have to wait for the screen to catch up with the keyboard.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
uhh if your using threaded sms it is quite easy. slide out your keyboard and hold the shift key and select from the top to the bottom (this will select all), then hold down ctrl and select the sms that you wanna save (this will de-select the already selected txt)
now all your txt are selected except for that one you want to save. and now just delete.

uhh thanks. But I was talking about deleting txts from the deleted directory, not the inbox.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
there are pay for use programs. and there are certain cab files floating around for free programs that may be older but still working and a good replacement. im using the palm messaging app myself and i dont have to wait for the screen to catch up with the keyboard.
are u talking about the same palm program that comes standard on the touch pro?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
uhh thanks. But I was talking about deleting txts from the deleted directory, not the inbox.

still works the same way, i just did it myslef
just go to the 1st txt, hold shift, hit down cursor to select all of them, then hit delete
or just get the microsfot inbox extender cab, and u can just hit one button, the "delete all" button to delete them. also comes with "mark all as read" too
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

well looks like the lag is in the built in SMS program for windows 6.1 that comes with the touch pro. i flash my old treo 700 with teh 6.1 windows and its built in SMS and got super lag when typing texts. i reflashed back to windows 5.0 and added the SMS program from treocental(for winmobile 5 phones) and 0 lag when typing a text. i now loaded the windows 5 threaded messaging on my TP 6.1 windows and i now have 0 lag when typing a text. flashed back to the standard/stock 6.1 windows rom with built in threaded SMS and lots of lag(waiting for screeen to catch up with the letters i type). so the lag is all in the version of the SMS program u use

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro