PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Internet while on a call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I too thought EVDO A was supposed to provide this.

But it makes sense that they may disable it in order to reduce network strain.
exactly. I would also imagine a CDMA device with this enabled would have HORRIBLE battery life.

Quote:
I wonder if it depends on your area. I know that it doesn't work here in Charlotte, but my friend in Colorado Springs, co got a touch pro, and is on the stock ROM. When I was talking to him, he was telling me that he didn't know that he could use the internet and be on the phone at the same time... I was like what??? You can use the internet while you are on the phone, and he said yes. I made sure I asked if he was using WIFI, and he said no. He hasn't even tried using Wifi on his phone since his sprint internet is fast.

So maybe it is enabled there. I know that the system there is different than here. When I lived there, I was so used to hearing a dialtone for a half of a secong when soneone hangs up on the other line (during call waiting), and it doesn't do that here.
Well, id love him to tell me how he does it, because if he has the ONE Sprint branded Touch Pro that has this enabled..then he must be able to walk on water too!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It IS possible, but as Saumaun suggested in a previous post, the ability to do so is disabled to reduce network strain.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
exactly. I would also imagine a CDMA device with this enabled would have HORRIBLE battery life.

Why do you think it would get horrible battery life?

I can understand how USING data and voice at the same time would destroy your battery life, but simply having it enabled wouldn't make a difference, would it?

(I'm assuming we're on the same page, just wanted to clarify)
Old 12-17-2008, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think he just meant that if it were enabled, people would use it, and thus more people would have worse battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro