PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for a car mount.

You guys are really tempting me with the Pro clip... The price is steep, but you guys all say the quality is 2nd to none.

Does the clip leave any marks on the vent? I think I might order one soon. Hell, I'm already on a roll with buying TP accessories.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

mta2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You guys are really tempting me with the Pro clip... The price is steep, but you guys all say the quality is 2nd to none.

Does the clip leave any marks on the vent? I think I might order one soon. Hell, I'm already on a roll with buying TP accessories.
Proclip price is 1/3 of the price of touch pro or whatever I paid for it. I'll wait for something cheaper to come out.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

No, they don't leave any marks. Go ahead & order it, you'll love it.

~John
Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: VZ

ebarron is a n00b

For those Verizon users out there, I asked ProClip if the Verizon TP would work in the HTC Touch Pro CDMA holders. I was worried that the difference in shape might cause an issue. I got a response today that they tried it and it works in the HTC Touch Pro.

They also informed me their provider is working on the landscape versions that they have for the GSM model and that they should have them in 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

5matec is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarron View Post
For those Verizon users out there, I asked ProClip if the Verizon TP would work in the HTC Touch Pro CDMA holders. I was worried that the difference in shape might cause an issue. I got a response today that they tried it and it works in the HTC Touch Pro.

They also informed me their provider is working on the landscape versions that they have for the GSM model and that they should have them in 2-3 weeks.
I rec'd my Proclip mount for VZW XV6850. It fits and charges well.

But, they are using the dimensions given at phone scoop and that site does not differentiate between the Sprint and the Verizon versions. Can anyone verify the difference in the width between these two cases? I measure mine at 2.060" [52.3mm] wide, but phone scoop claims the CDMA is only 51mm wide.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:

Yeah, they are more on the expensive side but I think they're worth it. After your first purchase though you only need to change the device holder if you change phones (not always true: the one I got for my Treo held the 650, 700, and Touch perfectly. Also holds my Mogul now for GPS but it is a little tight in there) or the vehicle mount if you change cars.

I've used them since my Treo600 days. The vehicle mount you get depends on your car. In my Maxima it actually fits between the trim of the car which was a big plus for me 'cause I didn't want to be sticking anything to the car (see stock picture). Snug fit with no vibrations. There was some double sided padded adhesive included, but I didn't need it.

You then attach the phone holder to the mount. It's rock-solid there and I've never had a phone fall out.

Check the site, there are usually several different vehicle mounts available depending on what car you have.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02840 View Post
Yeah, they are more on the expensive side but I think they're worth it. After your first purchase though you only need to change the device holder if you change phones (not always true: the one I got for my Treo held the 650, 700, and Touch perfectly. Also holds my Mogul now for GPS but it is a little tight in there) or the vehicle mount if you change cars.

I've used them since my Treo600 days. The vehicle mount you get depends on your car. In my Maxima it actually fits between the trim of the car which was a big plus for me 'cause I didn't want to be sticking anything to the car (see stock picture). Snug fit with no vibrations. There was some double sided padded adhesive included, but I didn't need it.

You then attach the phone holder to the mount. It's rock-solid there and I've never had a phone fall out.

Check the site, there are usually several different vehicle mounts available depending on what car you have.
Thanks for the info! So I probably won't have to drop more money when I get a new [similar] phone, right? I can just buy an insert?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks for the info! So I probably won't have to drop more money when I get a new [similar] phone, right? I can just buy an insert?
It's a two part system, there's the vehicle mount that is usually specific to your vehicle and there's the device holder that's specific to your phone. The vehicle mount kind of works like a "blank". It's designed to fit tightly to the car in some position then the device holder you choose attaches to the mount with screws. You can change the device holder at any time (or the vehicle mount for that matter) without changing the other part. In my case the holder for the Treo just happened to be a size, and had depressions in it, that allowed it to hold 3 phones very well and 1 phone reasonably well. It will not hold my Touch Pro and if I decide I want to have a holder for that I will need to order a new holder, but not a new mount.
I did get the swivel option, but I did not get a self powered holder. Just used a normal charger in the car with no problems. That's one of the reasons it worked so well for different phones.

Soooo... you may, or may not, need to get another holder when you change phones depending on how much it varies it size from the Touch Pro. If a new phone is close enough in size it might still work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02840 View Post
It's a two part system, there's the vehicle mount that is usually specific to your vehicle and there's the device holder that's specific to your phone. The vehicle mount kind of works like a "blank". It's designed to fit tightly to the car in some position then the device holder you choose attaches to the mount with screws. You can change the device holder at any time (or the vehicle mount for that matter) without changing the other part. In my case the holder for the Treo just happened to be a size, and had depressions in it, that allowed it to hold 3 phones very well and 1 phone reasonably well. It will not hold my Touch Pro and if I decide I want to have a holder for that I will need to order a new holder, but not a new mount.
I did get the swivel option, but I did not get a self powered holder. Just used a normal charger in the car with no problems. That's one of the reasons it worked so well for different phones.

Soooo... you may, or may not, need to get another holder when you change phones depending on how much it varies it size from the Touch Pro. If a new phone is close enough in size it might still work.
Much appreciated. Now it's just a matter of choosing which features I want... I'm just happy that this [or at least part of it] is going to last longer than I have my phone so I don't have to drop another $50-100
Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: The Cell phone company

Taurus is just getting started

For those of you with the proclip mount have you experienced the stylus coming out of the device when you remove it from the mount?

There was some talk about this flaw with the brodit mount which is basically the same mount but sold via proclip in the USA.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro